Saturday, April 27, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: St Joe - Monday - 7/22/19

St Joe - Monday - 7/22/19 4 years 9 months ago #1

Best wind looks to be from 3-6pm. All the models look good. Overnight winds should provide nice swell.
I'm shooting for about 1pm. Look for the orange sails!
Silver Beach should be great. This weather usually keeps the swimmers away ;-)

Drew

St Joe - Monday - 7/22/19 4 years 9 months ago #2

Looked good there.

St. Joe Buoy
7_22_2019_st_joe.png

We're ready for pics and vid.

cat_movie_theater_2019-07-23.jpg

St Joe - Monday - 7/22/19 4 years 9 months ago #3

Well... Silver Beach was packed with people, and the water was CLOSED. There were Apache helicopters hovering overhead, bristling with 20mm cannons, ready to fire at the first child, adult or windsurfer who tried to get their toes wet.

So I bailed and went up to South Haven. Apparently up there they have no regard for the safety of humans, as a dozen kiters and at least twice as many surfers were in the water, defying certain death. Unfortunately the wind was not as good as St Joe's. I took some rides on my 5.8 but was underpowered about half the time. The waves were frigging huge. The spot well south of the pier was thick with surfers, who were getting some amazingly long rides. But there was almost no wind down there. Made for a fun ride back into shore, but trying to sail back out would have resulted in a 5 piece mast :pinch:

Drew

St Joe - Monday - 7/22/19 4 years 9 months ago #4

That's rich. When the swimming beach 10 feet from Greenwood beach is closed, any watercraft including windsurfers and paddle boards are welcome to launch. The attendant just chuckles, "we're supposed to tell you," and then they tell you to have a good time.

St Joe - Monday - 7/22/19 4 years 9 months ago #5

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Swim-season blues. Can’t wait for Labour Day-my favourite!
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds