Monday, May 13, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Three days of action.

Three days of action. 5 years 10 months ago #1

Hey everyone, just letting you know that Little Sable Point has been firing hard. Friday we had 4.7, Saturday 5.0, and Sunday 4.2. Everyone had an epic time. The place just produces some unreal wind. Look for clear skies and warm weather. The giant sand dune warms up and all hell busts lose!

IMG_3907_fix.jpg

Three days of action. 5 years 10 months ago #2

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Wow, hard to beat this place! Do you camp there btw, when you stay overnight?

Three days of action. 5 years 10 months ago #3

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Nice! Damn, missing it.

Three days of action. 5 years 10 months ago #4

There is camping close by, but i would avoid it during the weekends while school is out. Silver Lake campground serves the four wheel drive and motor cross crowd that rip the big sand dune. Alot of make America great again hats and they seem loud, maybe i'm wrong, but if hearing a built 454 with open headers and 8o's hair band rock at any given moment doesn't bother you then your in luck! (Bring some Mardi Gras beads, it could be alot of fun) The campground is down the street at Silver lake which can have some fun flat water blasting with the sand dune as a back drop. I haven't been able to find a peaceful setting near by. I have sailed LSP and then drove to Setton creek campground about an hour away to mountain bike or kayak the north country trail along the Manistee river the next day. Reid and Chris have camped there so may tell of there experience.

Three days of action. 5 years 10 months ago #5

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Thanks, there are 2 campgrounds listed in Silver Lake : The Hideaway and the Sandy Shores. I’m sure it gets very crowded on weekends, this place is a gem.

Three days of action. 5 years 10 months ago #6

wendell garvelink wrote:
...serves the four wheel drive and motor cross crowd that rip the big sand dune. Alot of make America great again hats and they seem loud
where_you_going_city_boy_deliverance.gif

wendell garvelink wrote:
Reid and Chris have camped there so may tell of there experience.

We were there in October. It was pretty quiet. That was also way back in 2006.

More photos...

Little Sable Point Album
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds