Sunday, April 28, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Sheboygan Chronicles - 2018

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2018 5 years 6 months ago #97

As planned, Sun. Oct. 21 was a repeat of last Thursday. No epic conditions, just plain and fun windsurfing: SW 13-20 kn. Temp in the upper 40s and clear weather. I launched at Deadwood on Lake Winnebago. Began with the 8.5 and decided to go across the lake. Upon returning, the wind picked up nicely and I switched to the 7.0. I sailed alone for 2 good hours no kite, no windsurf. This is the first time I’m by myself at this launch. Did the Packers played today?

On a side note, last December, I bought a Lion 7.0 to simplify and replace my Cheetah 6.5 and 7.5. As the season nears the end, I can say that I haven’t used them this year at all. There hasn’t been a single occasion when I missed one of these two sails. However , there has been a couple days when my 5.0 was too big. It would have been nice to have a size down like a 4.5ish I guess. But it’s not a priority... I’ve set my eyes on other “objects of desire” instead! B)

D55C5BE7-B22A-43E2-BC5C-D958046FEB3F.jpeg

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2018 5 years 6 months ago #98

Great boom shots and sunset pics. The Lion in black looks badass. Awesome! Makes the Ezzy logo look like a pirate flag. I'd get the hell out of the way if I saw that coming at me. :huh: :lol:

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2018 5 years 6 months ago #99

Ha! Thanks Reid. Funny you noticed this. The white logo on black idea was exactly that: it reminded me of a pirate flag! ...I asked David Ezzy if he would build a Lion with custom colors and he accepted. I never thought he would say yes! I sketched and he got it made! Very nice of him. ...And price was same as retail. B) :woohoo:

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2018 5 years 6 months ago #100

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
:ohmy: Monsieur Gregory, le corsaire de Sheboygeun! :lol:

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2018 5 years 6 months ago #101

Ady wrote:
:ohmy: Monsieur Gregory, le corsaire de Sheboygeun! :lol:

Ahoy, Matey! Dead sailors tell no tales!

EF1D9FF3-6EF7-48EC-ADAA-35E8A98A602F.jpeg

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2018 5 years 6 months ago #102

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Awesome! You just made my day :lol:

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2018 5 years 6 months ago #103

Greg- That is neat that you got a custom from Ezzy.

I have my own EZZY customer service story: I bought a used/blemish Ezzy elite sail from Windance couple years ago, the sail was missing the small downhaul indicator velcro attachment. I contacted Ezzy thru their main website, and David Ezzy himself emailed me saying he was going to USmail me a replacement (no charge). He also emailed me immediately a pdf of the missing indicator (so i could print it out and make a temporary one while I wait for the replacement).About a week later I get a hand written envelope (with David Ezzy address in maui as senders address) to me with the replacement piece enclosed.

A few years prior. I had trouble rigging one of my older ezzy sails,. I emailed the company website and David Ezzy himself corresponded and he asked me to send him pics of the rigged sail so he could make recommendations on what was wrong. We got it ironed out quick.

I have been a Ezzy fan for about 8 years now (suits my sailing style well) and the excellent customer service is a bonus from them too.

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2018 5 years 6 months ago #104

You're right, Alan. I have the same story about rigging hep from David. He will answer all his customers and will dedicate the time to make things right for you. That's certainly not common. The guys at Goya are pretty good to and will try to help in any way they can. Not to offend those who like Naish or Neilpryde, but they don't have this kind of service.
I'm not a very loyal consumer in general, but the next sail is likely going to be an Ezzy: Would love a couple of Zeta to replace my 5.7 and 5.0 Sailworks I never really liked. Earlier this season, I lost the 5.7 and it sunk in lake Michigan for an afternoon after the downhaul line suddenly broke while sailing and the rig flew out of my hands. I was already looking at a replacement :) when a few hours later, the lake spit it out on the beach and a good soul called for me to pick it up! :evil:
Anyhow, Christmas is on the horizon, and I need to send my wish list to all good people in my family! Ha!...

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2018 5 years 6 months ago #105

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
What kind of masts are you using for the Revos, Greg? I don’t remember, sorry. Have Sumo 430? Make me an offer!

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2018 5 years 6 months ago #106

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Greg from Sheb. wrote:
Would love a couple of Zeta to replace my 5.7 and 5.0 Sailworks I never really liked.
Btw, have you tried the Zeta? I doubt it’s that much different then the Revo. It’s a wave sail after all, throw-around type of sail. I know you like the locked-in , blasting type and I think you may be better off with the smaller size Cheetahs or even Lions. Better suited for outboard stance and 4 foot-strapped boards, easier to be spaced out with conjunction with the 8.5/7.0 Lions too.

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2018 5 years 6 months ago #107

Ady wrote:
What kind of masts are you using for the Revos, Greg? I don’t remember, sorry. Have Sumo 430? Make me an offer!

Ady, I rig both on a 430 Sumo.

No I didn’t try the Zeta. A couple months ago I asked David Ezzy what he thought would be a match for someone who is used to sail Lions most of the time and needs a set of smaller sails to ride a bump&jump 115l in higher wind and his answer was the Zeta.

You might be right regarding the Revo vs the Zeta. They both are 5-batten sails and intended for similar use and conditions.

I just don’t know why I don’t like the direct feel of these sails. There’s nothing “civilized” about them: it’s either on or off. The only part I like is how light and “nimble“ they are compared to my other sails. Maybe it’s just the way they are meant to be and since I don’t get to use them as much as my Lions, the difference is more pronounced. Maybe I just need to accept the fact that it’s different for a good reason...

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2018 5 years 6 months ago #108

Ady wrote:
I know you like the locked-in , blasting type and I think you may be better off with the smaller size Cheetahs or even Lions. Better suited for outboard stance and 4 foot-strapped boards, easier to be spaced out with conjunction with the 8.5/7.0 Lions too.

There’s a 6.0 Lion. That’s their smallest sail in that type. I was tempted to get one for days blowing around 20-25kn. But what do I do when things go 25-35kn?
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds