Monday, April 29, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Birthday present

Birthday present 9 months 2 weeks ago #1

I've been using a 180 liter Fanatic Fly SUP board as my lightwind board for Lake Michigan trips and it has turned several "Sat On Beach" days into loads of fun.
But I really wanted a more dedicated wave shape (thinner with better rocker and rails) and less volume so I bought myself a Fanatic Style Master.
Haven't had it out in waves yet, but I was surprised by it's speed on flatwater with a 5.3

FanaticSM_2.jpg

It's 10' x 30" 145 liters. Very thin with a very tapered down tail.
Looking forward to those days when the waves are great but then the wind backs off any everyone leaves ;-)

Drew

Birthday present 9 months 2 weeks ago #2

Cool! that looks like a good float and ride setup.

Birthday present 9 months 2 weeks ago #3

I named her "LeeAnn" because we'll be spending our time on the lee side of the piers ;-)

Lightwind wavesailing is loads of fun, and freedom from footstraps is a big part of it (as long as you have a grippy deck!)

Plus at 10' it has lots of "glide" but still fits in the van B)

Drew

Birthday present 9 months 2 weeks ago #4

• Chris
  • Gale Force
Nice call on the new board! I have an 8'11" 145L Fanatic Allwave (31.5” wide) that I use for SUPsurfing, but, like you, I also often take it with me as a back up board for light-wind fooling around with a ws rig. For decent surf in the 2-4 foot range, I use an 11’8” Exocet Windsup, 360x79 (31”), which is tons of fun. Its long waterline makes catching waves really easy. Your Stylemaster seems like the best of both worlds--generous length, a conservative width, good deck pad, and it fits in the van, which, I agree, is a plus. Would love to hear about how it does in the surf! Cheers.
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds