Monday, April 29, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Thursday Sept 22, 2022

Thursday Sept 22, 2022 1 year 7 months ago #1

One of the big crashes :-)

20220922crash3.jpg

I rode the 4.7 on the Quatro 90 (at South Haven) from 11 until 3. I was beat by then but it was blowing hard still.
Water was very warm, air was 62F.
Huge sets of waves were coming thru. Not super clean waves but loads of fun :cheer:

Andrew

Thursday Sept 22, 2022 1 year 7 months ago #2

Boom! Sounds and looks like you had a blast. How do you like that new board?

Thursday Sept 22, 2022 1 year 7 months ago #3

Yeah, really fun day! It’s a 2015 Quatro Quad 90 that I bought used. (to replace my 1997 F2 Wave 82 liter). I had it out last spring at home on our inland lake with a 4m on a super windy day,so this was just the second time on it. For a while I was having trouble with it constantly wanting to nose into the wind, but more front foot pressure (and less on the rear) helped. It moved through the water nicely and bearing off a bit it would quickly speed up. Overall it just felt kind of squirrelly, but then when I got on a wave and carved downwind it just shined. And when I cutback, it didn’t stick or stall, just kept up it’s speed like many boards don’t.

So more than other “wave” boards that I’ve tried, this really is a wave board. It’s ok for just blasting along, just not as good at it as a bump & jump type of board, but get it on a clean wave face and it really lights up like nothing I’ve ever ridden before :-)

Andrew
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds