Sunday, April 28, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: One picture a day

One picture a day 2 years 1 month ago #37

September 16, 2021. Lake Michigan, Sheboygan, Kite Beach Launch.
Riding this old custom from 1983! I sailed this thing last in 1991 or 92. I kept it all these years and it moved everywhere I went. This is the first time I'm giving it a go after 30 years! The board is a Local Motion hand-shaped in Hawaii. Very few were shipped to Europe. It was imported and sold by HiFli. The board is 9'6" long. No idea what the volume is and didn't measure the width. The board is Clark Polyurethane foam (yellowed a bit) and polyester resin. The decore is airbrushed directly on the foam. I can feel it rides smooth in the chop but I needed a bit more wind to get going full speed. Most of the volume is under the mast base and the shape is very thin under the feet. It demands to bear downwind a lot to get planning and I bet that's due to how I set up the fin: a single fin and no side thruster fins with side US box uncovered - probably producing more drag than it should. I had an 8.5 that day and it felt too large for it. Back in the days, I used to sail it with 3.5, 4.5, and a 6.0!
I'll give it another go this coming season. This time with the thruster fin setup and a 7.0. Should be fun!

GH010526_Moment.jpg

One picture a day 2 years 1 month ago #38

September 25, 2021. Lake Winnebago, WindPower Launch.
The day of my personal best: Top Speed, 2s, 100m, 250m, and 500m, all above 30mph on a freeride kit on waters that were anything but flat. Going back and forth in a straight line in average conditions would bore to death many. But with my modest windsurfing skills, it is a challenge that gets me coming for more as it involves perfecting a stance, fine-tuning a sail, reading the chop and picking a line, skipping over the back of the chop while trying to avoid the crash; it never gets old.

34.29mphrun.jpg

One picture a day 2 years 1 month ago #39

September 22, 2021. Sheboygan South Beach - Blue Harbor Launch.
Big NE 5.2/4.7 day with a swell that I was told was as high as 10-12 feet. The launch had shorebreak but was powered from the get-go, so not too difficult to punch through. Can you see Patrick's sail tip in front of me?

GH020532_Moment2_2022-03-10.jpg

One picture a day 2 years 1 month ago #40

September 23, 2021. Sheboygan South Beach - Blue Harbor Launch.
Playground

IMG_2234-2.jpg

One picture a day 2 years 1 month ago #41

October 13, 2021. Sheboygan Kite Beach.
Gloomy but good SE day.

XWNF1203.jpg

One picture a day 2 years 1 month ago #42

• KM
  • Storm Force
Making up a camera mount for the clew. How far behind the clew is your mount? Would you like it more if it was above the clew?

One picture a day 2 years 1 month ago #43

Cool! What's your design looking like?

I use a couple of mounts:
- Clew-View. It is a bit flimsy but this is my favorite mount by far as it offers views from both tacks. The camera lens is centered and about 4 or 5 inches away and below the tip end of the boom. https://shop.wind-nc.com/products/clew-view-boom-mount-windsurf-gopro

- Flymount offers more attachment possibilities (mast, boom) but when mounted around the clew, the sail gets in the way and films the rider only from one side. The mount goes as far as your boom can go. https://flymount.com/flymount-original/

On occasions, I've used the Flymount attached to the front of the boom looking backward. ...Can be a bit in the way during jibes.

One picture a day 2 years 1 month ago #44

Not exactly sure where I left off after the outage, but here area few more before I stop this thread and get on with my life!

October 24, 2021. Sheboygan.
Foiling or no foiling?

MNAY6460.jpg

One picture a day 2 years 1 month ago #45

Since we lost a few posts and I missed posting a couple during the website bug, here's a second pic of the day!
November 5, 2021. Two-Rivers.
While the website is making a splash...

GH020578_Moment.jpg

One picture a day 2 years 1 month ago #46

November 6, 2021. Pike Lake, WI.
After a fin box transplant surgery, the Falcon is back! Riding this thing on the rails is a lot of fun.

WSNH2950.jpg

One picture a day 2 years 1 month ago #47

November 7, 2021. Sheboygan South Beach. Kit: Fanatic Falcon Lightwind / NP V8 9.4
Beautiful afternoon fall session on Lake Michigan.

GPTempDownload15.jpg

One picture a day 2 years 1 month ago #48

December 2, 2021. Silver Lake, WI.
The wind was fluky and shifty but who can complain about a December session in temperatures above 60 degrees?

GH030602_Moment.jpg
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds