Monday, April 29, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Friday 29, where?

Friday 29, where? 2 years 6 months ago #1

Is anyone making plans for tomorrow's NE?
There's always Sheboygan that works well on a NE but what else?

Friday 29, where? 2 years 5 months ago #2

Well, I found an interesting launch that I don't think was on the list: South Shore Beach, Milwaukee

The launch is good only during NE wind. It offers a protected "lane" along the shore with a break wall that stretches for a couple of miles. The swell has no chance of entering that channel unless a couple of spots along the wall. If the swell is big enough, what enters for a short distance are perfect clean ramps for jumping. Otherwise, this is a speed-windsurfing paradise.

Yesterday, the gusty-stupid conditions had to be in the 35/40kn while lulls were barely above 20kn. All this topped with constant annoying rain. Positive was the temps that were in the lower 50s and water that was still warm. The local crowd consists of friendly kites and wings mainly.

That was not a fun session but an instructive one for next time: I think I found my flat-water speed-breaking spot near home. Next good NE and I'll be there trying my best! B)

SouthShoreBeachMKEcopy.jpg

GH010571_Moment2.jpg

GH020571_Moment2.jpg

Friday 29, where? 2 years 5 months ago #3

• KM
  • Storm Force
Wow! That looks awesome. Always thought that was a pretty park and beach, just never considered the breakwall making it a speed trench.
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds