Sunday, April 28, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Fall lake sessions

Fall lake sessions 3 years 7 months ago #1

• David T
  • High Wind
Nice to finally get some lake sessions now that my knee is getting back to functional shape.

IMG_2693.jpg

Fall lake sessions 3 years 7 months ago #2

Glad to see you back on the water, David. And that looks like a new board. Quatro.

Fall lake sessions 3 years 7 months ago #3

Yeah, a Power Pro... I've been looking at those and the Cubes.

What size is it? And how much do you weigh?

Do you find the sail size range Quatro has in the specs to be accurate?

How you do rate it as a flatwater / B&J board?

I'm guessing it really sings on Lake Michigan :-)

Drew

Fall lake sessions 3 years 7 months ago #4

• David T
  • High Wind
Andrew - Its the 115. I'm 190lbs. Honestly I don't know what Quatro says for the sail range - I'm sailing 6.3 to 5.0 on it. Could easily sail a bigger sail on it if I had one. The board is a nice "all around" board for waves, B&J, etc. To be honest, this was to replace an old (and I mean OLD) RRD TwiTip 110 that I've been using as my light air board - and thats a hard board to replace in terms of its planing ability, pop, upwind power, etc. I'm still dialing in the 115 but she's gonna be a keeper. Fins are a big issue with it - not a fan of the stock fin that they provide with it. I'm testing out a whole slew of fins on it, super fond of the Black Project Kraken that I'm running on it now. Its super fun on the lake - lots of power for onshore where upwind ability translates to power for backside hits, but still goes rail to rail quickly and carries lots of energy for onshore "round house" style frontside wavesailing. Hope this helps!

IMG_2672_fix.jpg
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds