Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Monday 5/27/19, Memorial Day

Monday 5/27/19, Memorial Day 4 years 11 months ago #1

I took a chance on Memorial Day and headed out to Clinton around 11am. Wind was shifting between SSW and straight S at 15-30 mph (peak gust out of Decatur shows 35 mph). I knew upwind of the narrows would be the best wind so I rigged the 8.5 Ezzy Lion and used my Kona One with a 56cm fin. Made my way up to the good wind with the daggerboard down and had a lot of nice rides. No other windsurfers, sailboats or kiters around but a ton of powerboat chop :angry: . Couldn't quite hit 30 on my GoPro speedo, maybe next time!

52719_fix.jpg

5.27.19.4.jpg

5.27.19.5.jpg

5.27.19.3.jpg

Got off the water around 2:30. Water temp at Marina and upwind of the narrows is warm enough that I didn't wear any neoprene, just like Memorial Day should be :)

Monday 5/27/19, Memorial Day 4 years 11 months ago #2

That's awesome, Rich! Love the GoPro grabs. See, I knew you were breaking 30 when you had the 6.0 on that puppy the other day. 27 mph with a 8.5 is hauling ass. Kona!

Your day paid off.

Monday 5/27/19, Memorial Day 4 years 11 months ago #3

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Awesome! Looking gooood! The Kona’s are exceptional boards /according many reviewers/ and very popular in places like Florida and the Scandinavia. I wonder which one I would like more-the Kona or the Falcon Light Wind /knowing my short board bias/? Regardless, long boards are the essence of our sport and I’m glad Starboard reinvented the Original Windsurfer last year.

Monday 5/27/19, Memorial Day 4 years 11 months ago #4

Thanks Reid for fixing the photo. The Kona has been a nice alternative to the Falcon Lightwind. I've been struggling with the chop vs.the width of the Falcon, the Kona just can eat the chop up so much easier. By the time I can really get going on the Falcon, the chop is already too big and I just keep catching a rail and end up being catapulted.
Ady, you would fly on the Falcon though...Reid had it up and smoking last year!
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds