Friday, May 03, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Launch spots for NW wind - Friday 4.26

Launch spots for NW wind - Friday 4.26 5 years 1 week ago #1

• Patrick
  • Fresh Breeze
I may be passing by Lake Clinton this Friday 04/26 and would love to get in a session seeing that there is a forcast for a North west wind. Does anyone know of a good launch spot for that direction and what I need to be aware of?

Patrick

Launch spots for NW wind - Friday 4.26 5 years 1 week ago #2

The best spots for NW are The Beach and The Road. See Launches page > Menu icon ("Open launch list}) > Click "more" > scroll to Clinton Lake > The Beach & The Road.

Launch spots for NW wind - Friday 4.26 5 years 1 week ago #3

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
I’m considering it too. Unless Saturday improves.

Launch spots for NW wind - Friday 4.26 5 years 1 week ago #4

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
27693713-CD72-42AC-BF89-126202898AC7.jpeg

It’s looking good. I’m in. Anyone else besides Patrick and me?

Launch spots for NW wind - Friday 4.26 5 years 1 week ago #5

NOAA: Sunny, with a high near 64. Northwest wind 13 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.

Clinton_4_26_2019.png

04_26_2019_11.jpg

30.forecast_2019-04-25.gif

04_26_2019_2.jpg

30.forecast_2019-04-25.gif

Clinton Lake
4_26_2019_Clinton_Lake_forecast.png

4_26_2019_morning.jpg

After looking at Saturday's rain and cold(not that I can't be talked into it) - i'm in for Friday. Friday NW wind in the 5.8 to 4.7 range. I'm assuming you guys want to do The Beach? That would be my recommendation. Water temp at the West Side is now 60F. Water temp at The Beach estimated to be 65+ F.

For Patrick and new folks - click the Directions Icon for The Beach (or any other launch) on the Launches page.
The_beach_directions_icon_2.png

A new window will open for you to enter your start point.
Map_directions.png

Gives route. Here's mine as example.
The_beach.png

I recommend parking in the parking lot so you don't get pinched. Looks like a good day.

Fargo_a_part_of_this_thing.gif

Launch spots for NW wind - Friday 4.26 5 years 1 week ago #6

Beach sounds good to me and I agree about parking in the lot and carry your kit down to the beach. The DNR and Sheriff officers are not very nice about folks even dropping gear off at waters edge, much less parking down there. Lesson learned by Mike and me. :(

Launch spots for NW wind - Friday 4.26 5 years 1 week ago #7

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
I am going to bring my son down with some gear and let him give it a go. How cold is that water? He has 8.5 shoe size so I don’t have booties that will fit him.

Launch spots for NW wind - Friday 4.26 5 years 1 week ago #8

Man, I wouldn’t get there till 530.. I’m still lacking a hood too..

Launch spots for NW wind - Friday 4.26 5 years 6 days ago #9

• Sylvain
  • Storm Force
I wish I could have joined but work has been rough lately...
I was eyeing tomorrow (Saturday) but it actually looks a bit sucky
- high range in wind speed from avg to gust
- rainy
- not so warm

Launch spots for NW wind - Friday 4.26 5 years 6 days ago #10

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
What can I say, Clinton rarely disappoints. Even in yesterday’s weird / by consensus/ gusty winds it was awesome and I had a lot of quality windsurfing. For me personally my favourite kit combo of 5.2 Revo/94 Kode was spot on and all I changed for the 4 hrs on the water was to release a bit of downhaul and outhaul later on when the wind dropped a little. After a lot of experimentation for the last season and the several sessions of the current one, I’m starting to fall in love with the tri-fin setup . This time I used a stiff G10 22 cm center fin and softer epoxy 11cm sides, all from MFC. Sure it’s a tad slower then single fin, but it’s more tracking stable and less prone to spinouts, which makes it more predictable in jibes and the tight turning allows for swell surfing-super fun.

57532E9D-7439-4D1F-9104-A00DF5366E63.jpeg

Launch spots for NW wind - Friday 4.26 5 years 5 days ago #11

That looked like fun ...and warmer/less choppy than the infamous Lake Winnebago. Love the pics, Ady. The lower left stance is committed: isn’t this great when you feel everything falls into place at the right time?

Launch spots for NW wind - Friday 4.26 5 years 4 days ago #12

I see it was gusty up there too. And Winnebago has miles of fetch. The whole frontal system. Just one of those days.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds