Friday, May 10, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Wednesday 10/03/18

Wednesday 10/03/18 5 years 7 months ago #25

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Great pics, I like the shot of Rich powering through a Jibe and Rick getting some sweet air time. Oh, and the sequence of Ady duck jibing. Thanks again Reid for taking pic! It's cool to have so many windsurfers out on the water. Now if we can get several more days like that or better. I was on my 5.2 all day and I didn't change boards, I just had it rigged looser at the start and when the wind picked up I tightened it up.

Wednesday 10/03/18 5 years 7 months ago #26

• Sylvain
  • Storm Force
Ady
Your assumption is right. This was my attempt at a carve jibe.
Thank you Reid, as always, for capturing so many moments

Now, when I saw this picture, it was a re-inforcement of what you said earlier. Yes, I can see that, at least on this picture, I had way too much weight on the back of the board.
Also, does it seem like I over-sheet the sail?

Finally, a picture of my 5.7, never to be seen again...
GOPR8700.jpg

Wednesday 10/03/18 5 years 7 months ago #27

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Sylvain wrote:
Also, does it seem like I over-sheet the sail?
No, quite the opposite, it just looks like, but you are probably under-sheeted since you get catapulted later. Over-sheeting is what I’m doing in the picture below with my 7.5/110L on purpose-leaning forward while at the same time sheeting in and pushing the sail back and down to release some power before flipping it.
B28FFF37-6B0F-40EF-8704-3277AEDD351A.jpeg

I can’t do that the same way on my smaller boards and sails . I don’t know why, no space maybe, I’m so much over the center line of the board on my 94. But you should be able to on your 136? I suppose. It helps a lot.

Wednesday 10/03/18 5 years 7 months ago #28

• Sean
  • Fresh Breeze
those are some great pics!

Wednesday 10/03/18 5 years 7 months ago #29

Thanks, Sean. If you shoot 500 pics, 78 of them should be fairly decent. :lol: Yeah, that would have been a lot wind for ya if you could have made it out. Unless you like a steep learning curve. :lol:

Wednesday 10/03/18 5 years 7 months ago #30

Sylvain wrote:
Finally, a picture of my 5.7, never to be seen again...
GOPR8700.jpg

Guerrilla Tape!

Glad you're OK.

Wednesday 10/03/18 5 years 7 months ago #31

• Sylvain
  • Storm Force
Reid,
You think this is fixable with gorilla tape?

Wednesday 10/03/18 5 years 7 months ago #32

Sylvain wrote:
Reid, You think this is fixable with gorilla tape?

It would be a real test for the Gorilla Tape. You might make it into a non-planing beginner sail.

To repair that panel like new is going to be around $100 plus shipping both ways. Which is close to just finding another used sail out there.

Sailworks Sail Repairs - Hood River, Oregon
www.sailworks.com/sail-repairs

Or if you're handy - a do-it-yourself backwoods fix...

Windsurf Sail Repair - Permanently Patching A Torn Panel

Wednesday 10/03/18 5 years 7 months ago #33

If that is how the sail was rigged, there appears to be insufficient downhaul, which would have compounded the problem of being overpowered. I see that the luff sleeve is loose at batten #2, and there is no floppiness at the top. Or maybe not compatible mast. Oh well, time for new sail. Very common size to have, get exactly what you want, it will be worth it.

Wednesday 10/03/18 5 years 7 months ago #34

Ady wrote:
Woaa! Thanks Reid, you are making me look a lot better then I really am :blush: It was a nice day indeed and you’ve captured it!

Chris wrote:
Great pics, I like the shot of Rich powering through a Jibe and Rick getting some sweet air time. Oh, and the sequence of Ady duck jibing. Thanks again Reid for taking pic!

Sylvain wrote:
Thank you Reid, as always, for capturing so many moments

Sean wrote:
those are some great pics!

Thanks, boys. I think these are some of the best from the Marina in sometime. It's a hard place to shoot. The lower sun angle in October and less humidity to zoom through helps. You guys being able to come closer to shore is a big help. You guys looked great out there.

Rich, I fired you up a new avatar and profile pic. Tell me if it's to your liking.

Wednesday 10/03/18 5 years 7 months ago #35

Great pics. Awesome sailing and reporting. Love pics comments from Reid. Can't believe you guys were in shorts! I'm sailing up-here in Sheb. in a 5/4 already! Lucky-you!

Wednesday 10/03/18 5 years 7 months ago #36

Reid Fillman wrote:
Rich, I fired you up a new avatar and profile pic. Tell me if it's to your liking.

I do man!! You caught a perfect angle for the tail walking going on! I did that a lot that day but it never felt too out of control :P
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds