Friday, May 10, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Friday 7/6

Friday 7/6 5 years 10 months ago #1

Thinking of heading to the peninsula launch for Friday's ENE forecast. Looks like it may shut off early afternoon so going to get there around 10ish.

Friday 7/6 5 years 10 months ago #2

I'm watching it too.

7_6_2018_11.jpg

30.forecast_2018-07-05.gif

Clinton Lake
7_06_2018_Clinton_Lake_forecast.png

07_06_2018_midday.jpg

Friday 7/6 5 years 10 months ago #3

• Sean
  • Fresh Breeze
I'm thinking the same thing, I have a 10:30 apt, and then heading out, be there by 11:30 ish.

Friday 7/6 5 years 10 months ago #4

I'll be out there. Sean, the Peninsula launch is on the Launches page.

Friday 7/6 5 years 10 months ago #5

• Sean
  • Fresh Breeze
thanks Rich, found the launch site.

Friday 7/6 5 years 10 months ago #6

Fun day at the lake. Rich fired up the Starboard Start for Sean. We gave him a dry land lesson and then set him loose. I sailed my 6.9 with 108. I was able to get lots of rides. Chased down Rich on his 8.0. Air temp was a lot nicer this time from the NE wind. The main pool is so nice with its wide open space. You can head to wherever the wind is setting up. Long reaches. I practiced fast-tacks. Going into them with lots of speed. We could see Sean doing great down wind at the launch. He was even making reaches to the top of the dam pool. He was able to turn the board around and sail back without falling in. Rich gave Sean some on the water tips. We all had a great workout on the water. Such a nice launch and day.

Bloomington
blomington_7_06_2018.png

Champaign
champaign_7_06_2018.png

Decatur
decatur_7_06_2018.png

'till next time
Peninsula_7_06_2018003.jpg

Friday 7/6 5 years 10 months ago #7

• Sean
  • Fresh Breeze
a great way to spend a Friday Afternoon! Thanks guys for the help!

Friday 7/6 5 years 10 months ago #8

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Reid Fillman wrote:
I practiced fast-tacks. Going into them with lots of speed.
Glad you had fun, it didn’t look very promising on your side. I had to work unfortunately, as little good wind we have this year it coincides often with days I can’t get off.
Anyway, I practised a little the backwinded tacks on the 4th on Lake Andrea in light wind with the windSUP. It’s easy enough on the floaty board with depowered sail, but I know it will be a whole different story fully powered on the 94L. The reason I practised it is because it is the same as the 360 exit -at 3:47 in the video:

Friday 7/6 5 years 10 months ago #9

• Sylvain
  • Storm Force
Dang I missed out.
I was actually trying evergreen lake.
Here is my back to back comparison with lakeclinton.

Launch:
- less poop on the grass at evergreen
- did not see a good launch spot at evergreen. I had to go through slippery rocks, fell, almost busted my sail, definitely busted one of my toe.
- winner is lake Clinton

Community:
- evergreen seems a little bit dead on the water. I actually went camping with my family. Swimming in the lake is forbidden. Nobody on the water except for a few kayaks
- winner is lake Clinton

Spot:
- more space at lake Clinton
- water seems cleaner at Clinton
- winner lake Clinton

So except for the drive for me, lake Clinton is head and shoulders above evergreen lake.

Friday 7/6 5 years 10 months ago #10

Only the Marina launch has the goose problem. And it's not all year just a few months. They need to put that coyote cardboard cutout back up where we launch. It seemed to help.

Evergreen is where Chris learned his mountain goat ninja skills for carrying gear over rocks. It's amazing to watch.

Friday 7/6 5 years 10 months ago #11

• Sylvain
  • Storm Force
Funny, unprompedly, my wife informed me that the metal owl at the evergreen lake pool was to scare off birds and geese
Maybe we need one

Friday 7/6 5 years 10 months ago #12

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Evergreen only has like a 50 by 50 yard area where the where the wind gets down on the water because of the trees. You have to get on plane quickly to take advantage of it. The fishing is good, ask the bald eagle.
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds