Monday, April 29, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Winter-ish 2024 in Clinton Lake

Winter-ish 2024 in Clinton Lake 2 months 2 days ago #1

• Guille
  • Strong Breeze
How are the conditions there? have any of the locals gone windsurfing in Clinton Lake this year?
I am tempted to make the trip down there and give it a try at the isotope rich waters. :lol:

Winter-ish 2024 in Clinton Lake 2 months 1 day ago #2

Yah baby! Come on down, the water's fine. I was out a couple weeks ago for a foil sesh. Water was in the 50s Infront of the state park swim beach. Air temp was high 60s. Me leaky 4/3 and bare feet was enough to keep warm.

This thermometer is located at the west(cool) end of the lake by the spill way.
waterdata.usgs.gov/monitoring-location/0...&timeSeriesId=277448

This is a video account of what I was up to.

Winter-ish 2024 in Clinton Lake 2 months 1 day ago #3

• Guille
  • Strong Breeze
Barefoot in 50 deg water, lead the way !! B)
Good video !

Winter-ish 2024 in Clinton Lake 2 months 19 hours ago #4

Guille, let us know when you've got your eye on your pilgrimage, we can post forecasts and launch maps(14 launches). We'll roll out the red carpet for ya.

We're ahead of last year at this time. Water temp at the dam (below). Add 5 degrees for CLSA launch. Add 10+ degrees for F13 campground launch. (rough approximation)

Screenshot2024-02-27at6.00.21PM.png

Per what Rick was talking about in his nice vid north of the DeWitt bridge. From DNR web page- "The entire portion of the lake between the DeWitt County Highway 14 Bridge and the Illinois Route 48 Bridge is designated as a fish and waterfowl refuge and is closed to all public use for the period of October 10 through March 31." (campground launches are on the south side of the DeWitt bridge and not effected)

Also campground launch parking is off limits May 1st to October 1st - you can pay for a campsite or park at the bathrooms and hike in.
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds