Monday, April 29, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Forecast for Tuesday 10/24???

Forecast for Tuesday 10/24??? 6 months 6 days ago #1

Hello tribe!
I'm going to be driving through Illinois tomorrow on my way to OBX-Wind 2023 and was wondering if it'll be worth it to detour up to Clinton lake for a sesh? It looks like 10-20 mph but maybe more??? Anyone gonna be sailing tomorrow?

Forecast for Tuesday 10/24??? 6 months 6 days ago #2

Looking at it. I'll give updates.

Forecast for Tuesday 10/24??? 6 months 5 days ago #3

They're starting to upgrade. I mean look at that map. Low in Kamas, high over Hatteras. Look at all those isobars. I'm in! :woohoo: Air temp could hit mid to upper 70s.

Euro gust model.
Clintonlake2023-10-24.jpg

No rain. Rain stays west, moves north.
Clintonlake2023-10-24_2.jpg

Good direction for the Marina CLSA. We'll head up to The Narrows for a premier freestyle spot. Flat water on the sides with boosted wind.
Clintonlake2023-10-24_3.jpg

There was wind today and forecasted for everyday to Friday. You could rent a lake view house at Clinton Lake and call it a trip. :lol:

Clinton Lake house rental: www.vrbo.com/2833485

Forecast for Tuesday 10/24??? 6 months 5 days ago #4

Thanks Reid! I'm in! I'll leave KC around 6 am and be at Clinton around noon. You'll have to give me directions to CLSA and The Narrows. Really looking forward to sailing with you guys again! Had a great 5.0 day at OUR Clinton lake today for a couple hours. Water is getting cold already, but it was 87 F and sunny, so a 3/2 full suit was ok. Just me and a bunch of kiters.

Forecast for Tuesday 10/24??? 6 months 5 days ago #5

Put Clinton Lake Sailing Association, IL in your GPS. We sail up to The Narrows. You'll be able to see me up there. I'll put sail bag size in back window. See if i'm schlogging or rippin' for your assessment. Launch can be shadowed. Walk up to the lake view bench to get a good look at the wind. Chris will be showing up too.

Map:
www.google.com/maps/place/Clinton+Lake+S...F1pv5x5x45?entry=ttu

Screenshot from the Launches page
CLSA.jpg
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds