Thursday, May 09, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Need a road trip? Central Kansas fixed to go off!

Need a road trip? Central Kansas fixed to go off! 3 years 7 months ago #13

There's a group of windsurfers/kiters from St. Louis heading out there as well. Looks to be a good crowd. Enjoy!

Need a road trip? Central Kansas fixed to go off! 3 years 7 months ago #14

Nice! I'll be there around 11 am tomorrow. I think kiter-Blair is in the next site over; he's a friend of mine. That big hill you drove over on the way to Lucas Park is where the Kansas state record for time and altitude where set in a hang glider. I've never seen people hang glide there, but I guess in the 70's there used to be a bunch.
How's the water temp?

Need a road trip? Central Kansas fixed to go off! 3 years 7 months ago #15

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Saturday 9/19/20

5.8 wind, the wind is up and down today, typically here I was told it levels out and blows more steady, still time for that this afternoon. Awesome place!

Need a road trip? Central Kansas fixed to go off! 3 years 7 months ago #16

Recon Alert

Something you might want to check out before you leave. 2 spots on either side of the lake. Looks best with SSW wind maybe even S. Lot of fetch. Good exit over the dam. How big and peaky does the swell get after 4 miles of fetch with 50 to 70 foot depth the whole way?
wilson_1.png

Google Street View - West side: Parking slab. Swell trying to peel around peak up on shallow points. Jibe-a-torium coves up wind.
wilson_3.png

Google Street View - West side. Zoomed a little.
wilson_4.png

Google Street View - East side: Parking slab. Just like the other - swell trying to peel around peak up on shallow points. Jibe-a-torium coves
wilson_2.png

Google Street View - East Side. Zoomed a little.
wilson_5.png

You're welcome. :)

Need a road trip? Central Kansas fixed to go off! 3 years 7 months ago #17

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Sunday 9/20/20

Yesterday 9/19/20 it was full of holes and not many ramps, I think the smoke kept the sun from warming things up and giving a boost. This morning it is steady and tons of ramps out there. Looks like a completely different place. I’m rigging my 4.7.

Edit: It backed off so I'll wait. Some guy just launched on a 6.0 so watch how he goes.

BAFFD988-9320-4CB8-A15D-BFB27F1678C6_fix.jpg

Need a road trip? Central Kansas fixed to go off! 3 years 7 months ago #18

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
The dam is north of us, we are upwind from there.

Need a road trip? Central Kansas fixed to go off! 3 years 7 months ago #19

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Ha, my new trucking job took me not far from you! Truck broke down yesterday in NE and got towed to Salina, KS where I’m staying until it gets fixed. Looks windy today, hope you have a great time on the water.

Need a road trip? Central Kansas fixed to go off! 3 years 7 months ago #20

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Sailing 5.2, Eric taught me how to practice looping, not so scary. Wind backed off some so taking a break. Hope the wind gets more steady.

Need a road trip? Ceantral Kansas fixed to go off! 3 years 7 months ago #21

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Ady, too bad you can’t join the fun, sorry to hear about your truck. You should keep some gear with you.

Need a road trip? Central Kansas fixed to go off! 3 years 7 months ago #22

Dam! Sounds like great a time. Post some more pictures Respect for learning loop! Sorry to hear that Andy.

Need a road trip? Central Kansas fixed to go off! 3 years 7 months ago #23

Ady wrote:
Ha, my new trucking job took me not far from you! Truck broke down yesterday in NE and got towed to Salina, KS where I’m staying until it gets fixed. Looks windy today, hope you have a great time on the water.

A banner I made and had on this site in 2007. :lol:

road_trip_07.jpg

Need a road trip? Central Kansas fixed to go off! 3 years 7 months ago #24

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Was good time, I needed that, Eric had a go pro so maybe he can post something. Thanks for posting the heads up Eric and for the lesson! The only thing I don’t like about KS, too many hills, not flat enough, ha!
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds