Saturday, April 27, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Cool & Windy Wednesday 11/27/19

Cool & Windy Wednesday 11/27/19 4 years 5 months ago #1

If you've got a warm suit and some small gear, you may want to check the forecast for Wednesday... :cheer:

Drew

Cool & Windy Wednesday 11/27/19 4 years 5 months ago #2

Hey Andrew, I'm thinking about hitting Gun Lake. I've had some great times on it this year when Lake Michigan has been too cold. Hoping I can get someone to join me. Last session Dr. Henry Lyons brought jugs of warm water we used to warm feet and hands, it really makes a difference.

Cool & Windy Wednesday 11/27/19 4 years 5 months ago #3

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Yeah, looks exciting! Where are you sailing? I’m going to put that Gun Lake in my favourites, its 3 hrs drive from me and it could be an alternative when nothing here. For Wednesday I’m thinking Wolf maybe.

Cool & Windy Wednesday 11/27/19 4 years 5 months ago #4

That robin's egg blue stuff is 60+ mph in the gust forecast. :dry: And an air temp that starts with a 3. :dry:

Gust Forecast mph - 12:00 pm
11_27_2019_gust_forecast.png

Cool & Windy Wednesday 11/27/19 4 years 5 months ago #5

Haha... I was just rechecking the local forecast graphs and was like, "wow, the temp is going to be 49 at 3pm!"

Then I realized that I was looking at the wind gust graph. Temp at 3pm is 41, windchill 35 :pinch:

A "dawn patrol" day for sure!

Drew

Cool & Windy Wednesday 11/27/19 4 years 5 months ago #6

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
A helmet and an impact vest would have come in handy :ohmy:

BC9013AC-F073-43EF-86D2-0F6DD4CCC723.jpeg

Cool & Windy Wednesday 11/27/19 4 years 4 months ago #7

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Huh, dodged the bullet! Roman spared me the misery this morning. He got to Wolf at 7:00 and called me around 8 o’clock, when I was just about to leave home, that it’s terrible and he is packing up. It shouldn’t be a surprise that I gladly went back to my warm bed. Thanks Roman! I owe you one!

Cool & Windy Wednesday 11/27/19 4 years 4 months ago #8

Yes, it was nasty weather. I watched it for a while, and it was white smoke and then a few minutes later almost dead. Then it would get reasonable for a while (maybe 20 min) and then rage again, with gusts busting through at very different directions. I rigged my 5.3, then my 5.8 and took a few runs which fun, but saw white at the other side of the lake and zoomed back to shore. Within about a minute it was at least 4m wind, if not 3.5!

If it was in July and 80 degrees I would have put up with it ;-)

Drew
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds