Thursday, May 02, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Sailboat Racing Wed Nights Monroe Harbor

Sailboat Racing Wed Nights Monroe Harbor 4 years 11 months ago #1

Hi,
If anyone is interested in keelboat racing I am looking for crew for my Colgate 26 sailboat.
Racing is on Wed Nights off Monroe Harbor. It is organized by the Columbia YC Sailing School.
Races are May 22nd through Sept 11th. There is no racing on July 10th & July 17th.
The races are on an In-Shore Windward / Leeward Course. There are usually two to three races each night depending on the light.
The racing starts at 6:30pm and ends about 8:30pm.
These are casual races with emphasis on learning. There is a social gathering after the races at the Columbia yacht club.
Message me if you are interested!
Rich

Sailboat Racing Wed Nights Monroe Harbor 4 years 8 months ago #2

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Hi, I know I am late, but if you still need a crew member once in a while please keep me in mind, beer’s on me. I want to learn to sail a boat, but I lack the budget for lessons and charters.
My cell: 6309035793

Sailboat Racing Wed Nights Monroe Harbor 4 years 8 months ago #3

• Albert
  • Fresh Breeze
Hi Ady, I don’t think we have met but I have seen many posts from you on this forum. I both windsurf and sail and I will be participating in a very casual sailboat race out of Waukegan tomorrow (Saturday) at 9am. You are welcome to join us. I sail a J24. PM me if you are interested.

Albert

Sailboat Racing Wed Nights Monroe Harbor 4 years 8 months ago #4

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
That’s great Albert! I pm’d you.

Sailboat Racing Wed Nights Monroe Harbor 4 years 8 months ago #5

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Woohoo! First experience on a sailboat yesterday and on top of that it was a fun race in rough conditions. Our tiny J24 had no chance against double the size and quadruple the sail area J133 we sailed against, but nobody cared, it was awesome! Big Thank You to Albert for giving me this opportunity!
Not the actual boat in the picture. I was to confused to take any pictures :blink:
63F5322C-27A7-4C0B-BD57-CACFC4CBEF7C.jpeg

C1C74F3E-FA6F-4CF7-887B-74110F88549C.jpeg
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds