Tuesday, May 07, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: SWAP MEET Sunday morning 05.20.18

SWAP MEET Sunday morning 05.20.18 5 years 11 months ago #1

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Just a reminder, the Evanston swap meet is this Sunday in Dawes park /Greenwood Beach/. Slight chance of some wind later, so I’ll bring my big stuff including the Windsup.
See you there!
www.windsurfillinois.com/index.php/forum...ion-swap-meet-may-20

SWAP MEET Sunday morning 05.20.18 5 years 11 months ago #2

• David T
  • High Wind
Looks like a breezy afternoon - looking forward to meeting lots of great folks and perhaps sailing in the afternoon? I've not sailed there since the mid 80's - so any insight as to launching, etc. would be appreciated. Could be some fun port tack waves there?

SWAP MEET Sunday morning 05.20.18 5 years 11 months ago #3

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Errr, 13kts/2ft kind of fun in the usual cold, rainy package. Good windsurfing days are rare and far in between this year in Chicago. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best! I like your enthusiasm though :)

SWAP MEET Sunday morning 05.20.18 5 years 11 months ago #4

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
This has been definitely my least enjoyable swap. Rain and 41F temperature made it a miserable experience. I didn't buy or sell anything, but there were some transactions among the rest of the 30 or so fellow windsurfers attending. As usual the boards above 110L received the most attention and a few of them changed owners I think. Like I expected, nobody really showed any interest in my 86L board for sale-there are too few occasions when you can use such a small board around here after all and who really wants to get skunked on a sinker a mile out in the lake ?!
Didn't get to sail either-the prospect of having to wait 2 more hours for the rain to stop and the cold temperature convinced me to leave for home at noon-the waves weren't anything to marvel at anyway and the wind dropped significantly. Waste of time for me personally, hope the rest had a better time.

SWAP MEET Sunday morning 05.20.18 5 years 11 months ago #5

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
This much hardship needs to be mourned, the Greek way ;)
Yamas!
10F29003-DDF0-4BE1-9B36-E13EC5252292.jpeg

SWAP MEET Sunday morning 05.20.18 5 years 11 months ago #6

Ady, you're right it was a miserable day. I'm not sure how I missed you, maybe you were huddled up with some of the other guys under one of the trees. I was there with my wife under an umbrella walking around. I picked up a one and 2 bolt base and one of those boards you were talking about over 110L. It has a couple of little dings in that back that were somewhat repaired but other than that the board really looks to be in good shape.

image_2018-05-20-2.jpeg

image_2018-05-20-3.jpeg

image_2018-05-20-4.jpeg

image_2018-05-20.jpeg

SWAP MEET Sunday morning 05.20.18 5 years 11 months ago #7

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Ha, I missed you too. I was mostly huddled in my running car and certainly you are not the only one I’ve missed. You’ve got yourself a good board btw, Alan has the same one and he loves it-a board for any conditions .
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds