Friday, April 26, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: NNW for 05.04

NNW for 05.04 7 years 11 months ago #1

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
image_2016-05-03.png

Looks intimidating! I feel like sailing at the Wall.

NNW for 05.04 7 years 11 months ago #2

tomorrow is looking really really good. greenwood beach in evanston should see a half dozen or so sailors, i think that is where i'll be, i'm thinking afternoon sesh leading into sunset.

The wall should be great for you guys too!

i think there is more wind coming in a few days too :)

NNW for 05.04 7 years 11 months ago #3

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
image_2016-05-05.png

Such a far cry from the forcast and because of that the Wall was without question the best spot nearby to get the best out of the weather. I actually started with 5.8/86 combo launching from the boat ramp. Did one leg to the light house at the end of the wall and realised that I'm not making much of an upwind progress, so I came back in and switched to 5.8/110. Roman and Stefan were already there when I got to the flat section and we had great time. Thing is the Wall eliminates the chop's negative effect on early planing while leting in the clean wind from the lake and you can get away with suprisingly less kit then anywhere else-awesome! My mates left by 3:30 when it dropped some more and I let off the downhawl a finger width of line and kept on sailing for another 2 hrs - not bad.

NNW for 05.04 7 years 11 months ago #4

ady- that was a good day yesterday. We were at greenwood beach early afternoon, mike m and greg p and myself, 6.3, 6.5, 6.7 m sails worked well, bump and jump, and the shore break was minimal. Looking forward to saturday wind.......!!
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds