Friday, April 26, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Thu/Fri 07.30/31

Thu/Fri 07.30/31 8 years 8 months ago #1

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
I've placed all my chips on Fri-looks like the better day of the two /I can afford only one/. Now the dice is rolling and I'll see tomorrow if I'll be punished for being greedy or rewarded for being patient. The showdown place -Wolf lake it seems. See you there!

Thu/Fri 07.30/31 8 years 8 months ago #2

Looks like you picked the right day, Ady.

Wolf Forecast: Friday 7/31
wolf_7_31_2015.png

Thu/Fri 07.30/31 8 years 8 months ago #3

Hey Ady, I think I think just saw you on WGN during Skilling's forecast windsurfing on the lake.

Thu/Fri 07.30/31 8 years 8 months ago #4

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Don't want to jinx it, but today looked pathetic .
Stefan, it must have been somebody else. I haven't been on the Big Lake since 07.15 .

Thu/Fri 07.30/31 8 years 8 months ago #5

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
First to arrive at Wolf! Jeesh am I the most desperate one?! Not much right now and the WNW direction is far from optimal, but hey-better then nothing and it may get stronger later.

Thu/Fri 07.30/31 8 years 8 months ago #6

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Extremely gusty yesterday as you can see from the graph.
image_2015-08-01.jpg

The tree line at Wolf was making it even worse. Still managed to sail all afternoon long on a 6.5 with only few DH adjustments/on the fly OH spares me the additional hassle/.
The good news: I did my first 4 shortboard Ducks ever-every single one of them on port tack. The 2 starboard attempts were unsuccessful -the one was just way too slow, for the second one no idea what went wrong. I was able to do a few Helis as well-but only in complete lulls. The Windsup practice paid off big time. In just 3 light wind sessions I was able to learn about those 2 moves what would have taken me months, if ever. So not a bad record for this below then average day.
All this on and off the plane made my hands burning at the end of the day. Fortunately the old calluses held tight and spared me nasty blisters, so I'll be in shape for Sun and it looks promising .

Thu/Fri 07.30/31 8 years 7 months ago #7

Ady, I saw the same photo again today on WGN forecast. I might be wrong but I believe it's you. See attached.
IMG_20150909_213328.jpg

Thu/Fri 07.30/31 8 years 7 months ago #8

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
He its me indeed! The sail is my ex Retro 9.0 . The colors are different ... but they are probably distorted. I wasn't sure until I saw the ION mast protector. Funny :lol:
This sail looks good in pictures apparently-Sailworks also liked it for their website.
image_2015-09-09.jpg

image_2015-09-09-2.jpg

First picture from left is mine -shot by Ella at Wolf and made black and white retro look by me.
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds