Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: First day out 3/31 Greenwood

First day out 3/31 Greenwood 1 year 3 weeks ago #1

Hit the water on the big Lake last week, wind and wing. Took the windsurf board out first, as it was difficult to tell how much wind there was. Turned out to be nice strong 6.9 wind, 22-28 knots with long gusts and long lulls, sailed for half an hour didn't get wet. Had to try the wing even though it was offshore and choppy, and got a brief ride on the way out, turned back and stopped. It's still a bit scary at my skill level in low 40's water to be schlogging along in offshore wind in 1.5ft chop on the foil board. It's slow going off foil and more tiring than windsurfing when the wind lulls-- you're holding up a 6+ lb wing and you go straight downwind when the wind dies. Only my wing friends out there that day, they had a decent time but didn't like the lulls either.

First day out 3/31 Greenwood 1 year 3 weeks ago #2

Nice, David!
For me, the first day on the big lake will be tomorrow-Sunday-Easter - hopefully!
Supposed to be decently windy and "warm"! Maybe some fin and foil action ...we'll see.
Tue, Wed, and Thu look even better here up north, with temps in the 70s and winds from the SSW above 18kn! That will likely be a few Winnebago trips.
I'm ready and in shape from my recent OBX week! Ha!
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds