Sunday, May 05, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: 12/2/2021 Silver Lake WNW 17mph gusting 28

12/2/2021 Silver Lake WNW 17mph gusting 28 2 years 4 months ago #13

Yeah! I was watching that too! I'm in if it holds.

12/2/2021 Silver Lake WNW 17mph gusting 28 2 years 4 months ago #14

• KM
  • Storm Force
Was just looking at the instagram account I use to track my learning windsurfing, and the last three entries are "final day" "final day for real" "final day the third" so have no problem stretching this for another day. If the forecast is accurate there are about three days I'd consider going sailing, and hope to be out for as many as I can. I still really like Silver but if there was a big group going to Evanston I'd probably try that out; bit intimidating by the idea of seeing Mackinac island if something goes off, but have to try it sometime so why not December. Will keep checking here to see what people are doing.

12/2/2021 Silver Lake WNW 17mph gusting 28 2 years 4 months ago #15

Never a "big group" at Evanston, even on the best days. Shorebreak and offshore winds a big deterrent for many.

12/2/2021 Silver Lake WNW 17mph gusting 28 2 years 4 months ago #16

• KM
  • Storm Force
Hmm. I think offshore on Lake Michigan might be something I do in the summer/fall. My skill level is still "getting planing" so not sure I want to add "knows the Coast Guard cutter from Wilmette"

12/2/2021 Silver Lake WNW 17mph gusting 28 2 years 4 months ago #17

Forecast for Wednesday seems to holding stable with warm weather and now straight S winds, which can be gusty but no longer offshore. The breakwalls are all on the S end of each beach meaning completely flat water at the launch site. Wind line is still at least 30 yards out. Either Greenwood or Lee work the same for this direction. Water is definitely warmer than any inland lake, I'd say this is ideal day for sailing L Michigan, you get bragging rights for sailing this late in the season.

12/2/2021 Silver Lake WNW 17mph gusting 28 2 years 4 months ago #18

• KM
  • Storm Force
Well I'm out for Wed, my kids class is quarantining so unless I'm going to stick her in the truck with a hotspot, I'll be home that day.

Looks fantastic, hope you have a great time all! Big wind and warm air.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds