Monday, May 06, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Good N to NW wind expected 8/29 Greenwood

Good N to NW wind expected 8/29 Greenwood 3 years 8 months ago #1

Forecast is finally seeming to confirm sailable wind in the early hours of Sat morning, possibly not lasting until noon, with a N wind with possibly some NW component. I used to avoid Greenwood on a NW but actually have had some nice days. NNW is actually perfectly side shore, a bit more west and the wind line is further out but you can schlog out easily, and a pure NW you go way out and catch the wind. At best might be a classic 6.0 morning.

Good N to NW wind expected 8/29 Greenwood 3 years 8 months ago #2

Wind came through nicely in the am, strong NNW about 8am to 930 for 6m sails, then backed off until 1030 for 7m sails, and then bigger if you wanted for most of the day. Very easy shorebreak because wind initially NW.

Good N to NW wind expected 8/29 Greenwood 3 years 8 months ago #3

You called it. Early birds got the worm. Was it a good day for you to get some speed out of your Severne Fox? Drop some GPS speed in the 2020 speed thread. Glad you caught another good day.

Wilmette Buoy
Wilmette_Buoy_8_29_2020.png

Crib
Crib_8_29_2020.png

Good N to NW wind expected 8/29 Greenwood 3 years 8 months ago #4

It was also a bumpy swelly day. I've only had the GoPro out on those kind of days, pretty much topping out at 25 kts, but I ain't complaining. A run towards shore on a WSW might produce something worth showing.
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds