Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Lake Shelbyville

Lake Shelbyville 1 month 2 weeks ago #1

I’ve been away from windsurfing for about 20 years and recently built a retirement cabin near lake Shelbyville. I was pretty active from 1978-2001, and my gear still looks in usable condition. I’ve yet to see anyone out on the lake, so I’m hoping someone on this forum might be able to suggest launch sites, etc. I’m also wondering about DNR rule changes that I should be aware of.

Lake Shelbyville 1 month 2 weeks ago #2

Welcome, Chuck! No rule changes since 2001. It's been awhile since I've sailed Shelbyville. Here's my Shelbyville album. Chris and I sailed 2 spots.

Photos 04 to 36 are from Eagle Creek golf club. It's been sold so not sure what the situation is. It was straight south wind. Like sailing in a small canyon. Bass boaters had never seen anything like us. One of them couldn't get over how fast we go out there. :lol:

Photos 41 to 49 are from Bo Woods. Wind was WSW. It was nice and wide, long reaches.

Shelbyville album: windsurfillinois.com/index.php/photos/63...bumid=27&photoid=319

Chris has a house boat on Shelbyville. He's down there a lot of weekends. He might be able to take you to any spot on the lake-
mobil launch craft! :woohoo: And sail together.

Hope to see you back on the water,
Reid

Lake Shelbyville 1 month 2 weeks ago #3

Lake Shelbyville is really nice lake with most of the shore in natural way..nice scenery..lot of small bays to explore..I call it Illinois Caribic. You choose good spot for retirement cabin.
I was sailing once of the Wolf Creek State Park Beach on south wind and it was really the canyon wind effect feeling Reid mentioned...
Half mile further behind the curve of lake there was no as much wind..
Watch for the underwater trunks of old trees in certain area..

Lake Shelbyville 1 month 2 weeks ago #4

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
I plan on sailing down there this fall, I’ll post when I go, hope to see you on the water.
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds