Thursday, April 25, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Baja destinations?

Baja destinations? 9 years 7 months ago #1

• Mike
  • High Wind
Anyone have recommendations for good baja sailing spots/windsurf hotels/resorts? Also, good or bad experiences?

Baja destinations? 9 years 7 months ago #2

Mike I went Jan-Feb of this year and had a great time. Stayed 10 days at La Ventana. In the winter your two main choices are La Ventana or Los Barriles. Generally Ventana has a little stronger wind, Barriles a bigger wave. On the way to the airport we stopped at Los Barriles just to check it out. Much bigger town than Ventana. The Vela resort there was very nice with an excellent choice of equipment. I would probably pick Ventana because it's more out of the way and pretty much just windsurfers/kiters. We stayed at Pro Windsurf La Ventana which is run by Wyatt Miller and Tyson Poor. The upside is that it's fairly small and you have access to all their ATV's. BTW check out Southwest Airlines for cheap flights, with their merger with Air Tran I've seen round trip fix as low as $385 for 2015. BTW, the link below has by far the best info on East Cape Baja .
blog.weatherflow.com/human-forecast-news/
Of course there's also Punta San Carlos and Solo Sports there, but that's mostly a summer destination and be warned….it's VERY remote. Overall great trip, will definitely go back.
Chris

Baja destinations? 9 years 7 months ago #3

• Mike
  • High Wind
Great info! Exactly the same two areas i was looking at. Vela is always good. But i'm with a beginner so the flatter water is probably best for us. Thanks, again!

Baja destinations? 9 years 7 months ago #4

STL-Chris wrote:
Of course there's also Punta San Carlos and Solo Sports there, but that's mostly a summer destination and be warned….it's VERY remote.

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds