Thursday, March 28, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Rend Lake VS Carlyle Lake

Rend Lake VS Carlyle Lake 6 years 11 months ago #13

Eric,

Looks like there are some kiters going to Rend on Saturday. They're going to check out North Marcu Rec. Area. Looks like a nice beach launch. It's near the dam on the east side of the lake. If they're not there, they might be at the harbor just south of the causeway or on the north side of the causeway. Not sure if any of the S. Illinois windsurfers will be at Rend. If the forecast holds, there should be some windsurfers at Carlyle either Dam East or Cole Creek, but I understand that's out of your way. Have a good time in OBX, that's on my list of places to go.....maybe next year.

Rend Lake VS Carlyle Lake 6 years 11 months ago #14

Thanks!
Just got worked on my 4.8 today at "our" Clinton lake (Lawrence, KS). It was perfect 5.4 while the clouds were overhead: bunch of good "spock" attempts, etc,... Then the clouds cleared out and WHOOOSH!!!! Let me tell you, it is no fun trying to hold on to a 5.4 on a 100 l. Fantic Skate with a full-on freestyle fin when you're THAT overpowered. Rigged my 4.8 put it on my 86 l. wave board and had a blast; bunch of good forwards today.

Rend Lake VS Carlyle Lake 6 years 11 months ago #15

Had a great little session on my 5.4 w/100 litre Fanatic Skate. I like Rend lake! It's warm, great launch, shallow for quite a ways out, and north of the causway, it's a great little freestyle venue.

Rend Lake VS Carlyle Lake 6 years 11 months ago #16

That's awesome! Maybe you can hit either lake on your way back too.

Eric Raven wrote:
I'm going to Hatteras to do the Phil Soltysiak freestyle clinic; never been there before.

Feel free to give a write-up in the Vacation forum of your Phil Soltysiak freestyle clinic when you get time.

Here's a video of Phil in the video gallery from last year. windsurfillinois.com/index.php/videos/63...4-cape-hatteras-2016
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds