Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: 15 years after... First impressions

15 years after... First impressions 7 years 10 months ago #25

Great analysis Ady. The difference in stance is quite obvious. It's amazing how things have changed. Also, with the IQ and modern sails, I found that positioning the harness lines needs to be substantially more precise and tuned than before. The sum of all this is the reason why I couldn't find the same sensation as I was used to. Thanks again for looking into the issue. :) This is going to save me time and frustrations. Just need some wind to practice!

I'm traveling in Asia for the next 8 days and sailing will have to wait...

Ha! Yes that would have been funny. The Sailworks Retro is looking great. Strange to name it that way though. ...there's probably an insider's story...

I was looking at the spots in Bonaire. This place looks like a great place to improve. Have you or anyone you know been there to windsurf?

15 years after... First impressions 7 years 10 months ago #26

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
I think Bonaire is a great place to improve because its popular for flat water action. One of the Wolf Lake regulars goes there every winter and loves it. I'm just not sure if they have reliable wind in the summer . Maybe places like Haterras, South Padre and Hood River are the better Summer destinations?! I dont travel, so I hoped somebody else will share firsthand info.
Another idea for a Summer vacation :
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds