Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Light wind freestyle moves

Light wind freestyle moves 2 years 4 months ago #1

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
My latest videos hot from Lake Andrea:
Heli Tack

Upwind 360

Backwind Jibe

Reverse Duck Jibe

Light wind freestyle moves 2 years 4 months ago #2

Wow, Ady, nicely done!

Light wind freestyle moves 2 years 4 months ago #3

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Thanks Reid! I used a 5.2 instead of the usual 5.8 this time, which made everything much easier. The only move still missing from this seasons scheduled repertoire is the Push Tack and hopefully we get several more warm weekends, so I can work on stringing them all together.
Got my wife really buffled when I did few intentional catapults aka Forward Loop pre-exercises :lol:

Light wind freestyle moves 2 years 4 months ago #4

Nice! You make it look easy (maybe it's the hat!), but I can see tons of concentration on balance, foot and sail position.

Light wind freestyle moves 1 year 3 months ago #5

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Not much wind yesterday at Wolf, so I used the occasion to work on my nonplaning Upwind 360s while slogging. Doing it on a short board with big sails -6.5 and 7.5 -is quite a challenge and it took me awhile to improve the success rate. I think I've finally got the hang of it to a satisfactory level, noting that head turning plays a more critical role compared to the Helly tack and also timing right the front foot step back and the weight shift is very important. Flat water slogging is extremely boring, so mives like this help for staying entertained.

Light wind freestyle moves 8 months 1 week ago #6

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force

Another one with a momentous rig floating like the reverse duck in non-planing mode. I do the reverse duck/non-planing/ but in a crude-flip, grab and be done with it-kind of way. Floating the sail adds an element of style that makes the moves more fluid and attractive . I have to start working on that when going for light wind freestyle.
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds