Friday, March 29, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Rigging and tuning instructions:

Rigging and tuning instructions: 8 years 9 months ago #1

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
The people behind "GetWindsurfing" show you how to rig and tune your sails correctly. Check the rest of their videos for more good stuff:

Rigging and tuning instructions: 5 years 9 months ago #2

I’m having a few issues tuning my sail.. the batten directly above the boom stick out past the center line of the mast and there is a somewhat large ripple going from the extension up at an angle. Also no matter how I tune the bottom batten it tends to have a lot of curve to it.

Rigging and tuning instructions: 5 years 9 months ago #3

I’ve also got like three pulleys on the end of the boom and I can’t figure out a good way to connect and tighten the outhaul.

Rigging and tuning instructions: 5 years 9 months ago #4

If your batten ends are poking forward too far you either need more outhaul (and probably downhaul too) or your mast isn’t the proper stiffness for the sail.

Check the specs on the sail to make sure you have the right amount of mast length + extension (add 4cm if you’re using a hook?) and the right amount of boom length. Then crank it down and out. Most beginners have their sails far too loose and it makes things extra difficult!

Drew

Rigging and tuning instructions: 5 years 3 months ago #5

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
B5A78927-026B-4241-96C3-662ADC029836.jpeg

Good tips from Sailworks team-rider Phil on how to rig and tune your small sails for strong winds :
www.sailworks.com/windsurfing-high-winds
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds