Thursday, March 28, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Spin loop in 4 steps

Spin loop in 4 steps 9 years 11 months ago #1

Spin loop in 4 steps

4 steps to learning the spin loop with Remko de Weerd

Spin loop in 4 steps 7 years 11 months ago #2

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force

Anybody feeling like pulling the triger this year?! Eric , you are doing it right? Any secrets you wanna share or is it as simple as " just go for it"? Looks like you don't need much of a ramp for the take off-just a bit if a chop seems to be enough-so I don't have an excuse for at least trying on Wolf.

Spin loop in 4 steps 7 years 4 months ago #3

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Douglas said: "Ady,
Did you say 'Forward Loop'??
I like the music on this "How To" video......... "The Secret of the Forward Loop"...
And, it simply wears me out just watching it...... :-)"

Hey Doug Im moving this conversation here before Reid pulls our ears off.
This movie is hilarious, Im laughing every time I watch it. I'll be shooting one similar soon I believe. It will be called "El Lupo spinning " :lol: Hopefully the happy end will come a lot sooner, cuz there is no coach here and no endless supply of sails and boards either.
If only the winds start blowing finally!

Spin loop in 4 steps 7 years 2 months ago #4

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
media.ffvoile.fr/videos/2311/julien-bontemps-sof2012
Now I'm really embarrassed. This guy pulls it off on a RS:X kit-board, rig and all :ohmy:

Spin loop in 4 steps 7 years 1 month ago #5

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Peter Hart is dead serious about making us learn to loop this year /and make some money in the process/ :ohmy: He wrote an extensive introductory article in this months Windsurf and there will be a follow up in the next months one too. And he just posted a intro video to his loop DVD on youtube:

Is this THE year?!!

Spin loop in 4 steps 7 years 1 month ago #6

Ha! I've been watching spin loop videos for the past 9 months with a huge desire to give it a try. My brain conflicts on the topic: "do it" at times and "bad idea!" most of the time! ...wish I was still in my 20's or 30's with endless level of fearlessness.
Anyhow, if I ever give it a try: go buy a super-cheap used short board that can be abused and eventually wrecked in the process.

BTW, this guy Julien in the video sails where I used to sail when I lived in Europe 30 years ago. I used to know that spot really well... (Hyères) and a beach called l'Almanarre. Good times...

Spin loop in 4 steps 7 years 3 weeks ago #7

Found that one worth watching: what not to do...

Spin loop in 4 steps 5 years 5 months ago #8

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Mmm, good ones!!

Spin loop in 4 steps 5 years 2 months ago #9

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force

The videos of Sam Ross are my favorite. Check his YouTube channel for a lot more plus SUPing and foiling.

Spin loop in 4 steps 5 years 1 month ago #10

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force

Spin loop in 4 steps 5 years 1 month ago #11

He certainly makes it look easy! I’m chickening out on this one: I’m permanently abandoning the idea of being able to do this. Reward to risk ratio is too high for my old carcass!
Ady, are you tempted to give it a go?
BTW, so far this week, I just blew my personal speed record twice! :woohoo: I’ll update when I can with stats and pics!
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds