Friday, April 19, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Windsurfing Carts

Windsurfing Carts 9 years 6 months ago #1

Here's some show and tell of my new windsurfing cart. It is a TMS cart. It can be bought online or at sporting goods stores. I got mine at a Dick's Sporting Goods.

Boom goes under the cart and acts as a handle. Board acts as the platform and sails/gear go on top. 2 straps hold it all together.
Cart004.jpg

Nice rubber pads for grip.
Cart007.jpg

It opens and folds down. Spring loaded mechanisms lock it into place.
Cart010.jpg

Tires are inflatable and removable with spring locking pins.
Cart011.jpg

Takes up very little room in a car. More than strong enough for windsurfing gear.
Cart013.jpg

For folks with bikes there might be a way to hook it up to a bike if the boom was turned around clamped to the extension and the universal used as the swivel hitch to a bike.
Cart003.jpg

Warning: If you buy it online or from a store do not open the box in your house. The tires need at least a week to air-out in your garage or better yet outside. A reviewer on Amazon sums it up best...

"So, this company HAS to be blowing these carts out due to the odor emanating from the rubber tires. Functionally it is the SAME cart I see elsewhere around $100, it is sturdily built, has all the parts, looks like it works swimmingly, but I wasn't able to test drive it just yet.

Three UPS drivers fainted trying to deliver the box to me, it got to my door and the smell drove off all the neighborhood cats, I put it in the garage for a while and noticed that the smell had killed all the flies/mosquitos and I am pretty sure did in that family of mice living in the wall. I had to put it outside after the smell layered everything in my garage and the neighborhood children started running away from my car. I put it in the backyard and small birds and squirrels started dropping, stone dead, from the trees. I had to apply to a superfund site to get rid of the box...

So it smells... Bad.... I am going to leave it in the yard for a month (at least) to off-gas before I even use it. Upwind of that neighbor with the barking dogs...."
- Archimark1

www.amazon.com/TMS-CART-CANOE-KAYAK-KY00...rt-canoe+kayak-ky001

Feel free to share your cart or cart ideas. Or if you have any questions.

Windsurfing Carts 9 years 5 months ago #2

• Uta
  • Fresh Breeze
How do you attach the boom to the cart? Just clamp it on with the boom clam? I can't tell from the picture. Thanks. Uta

Windsurfing Carts 9 years 5 months ago #3

Hi, Uta. In the photos above the straps are just cinching the boom to the cart with the other gear. After I looked at the photos I think I found a better way to do it. The photos below show a cool way to do it. Hope the illustration is clear.

Tail of the boom sits on the upside-down "V" of the cart .
Cart_2007.jpg

The Loop & Go of the boom holds it on. Just like out-hauling a sail.
Cart_2009.jpg

The board is then put on the cart and boom
Cart_2014.jpg

The boom is strapped to the board. The strap can also hold other gear on top of the board.
Cart_2020.jpg

The back strap holds the cart frame to the board and can hold other gear on top of the board.
Cart_2038.jpg

Now it's a solid setup. Boom clap can hold extension.
Cart_2027.jpg

This is the bike hook-up idea. If something coming off the bike had a quick release plate on it and could swivel. Just an idea for those that have bikes.
Cart_2044.jpg

Windsurfing Carts 9 years 5 months ago #4

• Uta
  • Fresh Breeze
Thanks, much appreciated. U

Windsurfing Carts 9 years 2 months ago #5

www.supwheels.com/Products.html

Reid-- They have a simple solution on how to attach the wheeled rig to the bicycle: it appears it is just a piece of web strap looped around the bike seat. Attaching the strap then to the boom front end should work for your setup too. Low tech, low cost :)

I lived close to the beach (1/2 mile) in south florida a few years back, and many would bike their sup/surfboards in this manner to the beach.

Windsurfing Carts 9 years 2 months ago #6

Thanks, Alan. That's easy. But I'll be walking mine to secret spots.

Windsurfing Carts 8 years 10 months ago #7

Dunno how much you paid, but you can get these really cheap on ebay:
www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=See-All-C...nc&_dmd=2&rmvSB=true

Sold by this company: www.upcycledsavings.com
It's hard to beat $35.00.
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds