Thursday, March 28, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Best Footstraps

Best Footstraps 6 years 3 months ago #1

The SB stock Drake footstraps on my Atom are dead and I am looking for advice on what to replace them with. I tend to like slimmer straps rather than ver thick and plush straps. I was looking at the MFC for a replacement. Anyone has tried them? thx.

Best Footstraps 6 years 3 months ago #2

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
I have the same problem . Where did you find the MFC? I would prefer them compared to Dakine . I was looking around online, short from sending emails, but couldn’t find MFCs or Drakes stocked anywhere. Thought maybe I’ll buy the Dakine Tyrant or Slim if I can’t find anything better.

Best Footstraps 6 years 3 months ago #3

LHere you go: I sent a note to MFC and they replied with the contact info of someone who takes care of retail orders. Here is his name and email :
Jackson Holden
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

What seems appealing to me with the MFCs are:
External Adjustment System. When the water temp has reached 60-65 degrees I adjust footstraps frequently because I sail barefoot on Lake Michigan and with booties on lake Winnebago (sharp zebra mussels!) :pinch:
Goya uses them on their boards
They look simple and efficient
They cost $20 each!

In couldn't find Drakes anywhere either but in Europe...

IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg

Best Footstraps 6 years 3 months ago #4

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Awesome, thanks! My Drakes are still usable-the underside neoprene padding is cut only from one side and it doesn’t twist and the velcro is not cutting into my booties yet, so I’m not is hurry to replace them. I also like the Dakine Slim which adjust from the screws. It’s a hassle if you adjust a lot, but I do only twice a year and the screw adjustments allow me to set them precisely every time-like the numerical system of the Drakes. On the other hand I like the looks of the MFCs.
www.dakine.com/en-us/sport/windsurf/wind...CEAQYBSABEgJRLPD_BwE

Best Footstraps 6 years 3 months ago #5

Gregory wrote:
The SB stock Drake footstraps on my Atom are dead and I am looking for advice on what to replace them with. I tend to like slimmer straps rather than ver thick and plush straps. I was looking at the MFC for a replacement. Anyone has tried them? thx.

I'm not saying these are the best, this is my current set-up on both boards. I'm using the Dakine X lace. The back strap is wider, I think they call it X Lace wave. For a 3 strap set-up. But what I do is use 3 X lace waves for all the straps. For a 3 strap set-up. They have lots of surface area and don't need to be as tight(cranked down). And I can slip my foot out very easily. They don't have any Velcro to mess with and no sharp edges. They have an external strap with buckle. The strap can be tucked back in under the top layer. The external half red ring is a quick release for the buckle. I also use the Twist Control tabs. If I didn't have these strap i would be looking at the Dakine Core Contours. They have that wide back strap too. But they're fixed in their adjustment.

Dakine X lace
dakine_x-lace_footstrap_500.jpg

Twist Control tabs
foot_strap_anti-twist-plate.jpg

Best Footstraps 6 years 3 months ago #6

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
The X lays look great if you adjust a lot indeed . I have the core contour, which are slim but wide -wave/freestyle type and adjust from the screws - not suitable for regular adjustments.
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds