Thursday, March 28, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Best booties: what do you recommend?

Best booties: what do you recommend? 6 years 4 months ago #25

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Ah, the joys of online shopping! Serhan you’re not alone in the sizing twilight. Some dude was selling on Ebay the NP Elite latex booties that I was salivating over, because the size 12 were too small for him. So I snapped them at a very good price -used once. Hopefully they’ll fit my 11 size feet, otherwise I’ll be the next one selling them on Ebay. If they arrive Monday I may try them as soon as Tuesday :woohoo:
960C75C2-C142-4F2B-9241-5E39FDD6DAF2.jpeg

Best booties: what do you recommend? 6 years 4 months ago #26

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Wow, the booties arrived quickly! My tumb fits perfectly and it’s slightly bigger for the rest of the toes which seems to be fine. So if you’re buying NP split toe you may consider a size bigger, but round toe booties will probably match your number. They feel awesomely soft and cushy, will keep my feet warm I’m sure, but I doubt they’ll last long. I suspect the footstraps and/or UV rays will take a toll on the soft skin neoprene. Anyway for 23$ incl. shipping there is nothing to complain about.
Unfortunately my holiday week working schedule won’t allow me to sail on Monday /which looks awesome btw/ , but I hope I’ll be able on Tuesday. I’ll have new harness lines and booties to test , sweet!
99C4D875-B60A-492E-B4CF-71E3AF9397D2.jpeg

Best booties: what do you recommend? 6 years 4 months ago #27

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Borat approves!
98D27728-4826-49B0-8B07-3232461BA67D.jpeg

Best booties: what do you recommend? 6 years 4 months ago #28

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
The booties were a bit of a disappointment, mainly because of the split. By being separated from my other toes my tumb became cold and really bothered me so I put my double boot system after a while wich felt like Uggs in comparison. This could have been incredible booties if they were round toe, but the way they are Ill have to use them in warmer water.

Best booties: what do you recommend? 6 years 3 months ago #29

Disappointment here as well with the NP Mission HC Round Toe 5mm Booties, but for different reasons: The main being that the booties are substantially smaller than the chart is indicating. I'm a 8.5 or a 9 at best and the booties coming in as a 9 are way too short and narrow. Of course neoprene booties must have a snug fit but not to the point the toes are curling in! :( A size 9 on their chart is no bigger than an actual size 8 with normal shoes.

Whether it is with their wet suits or their booties, I never seemed to have any luck and never been able to find NP a good fit - even when jumping one or two size up. Maybe my morphology doesn't match that of a European anymore! Ha! ;)

In addition, I bought the booties from Kitty Hawk Kiteboarding, but they ended up being shipped 3 weeks after the order was placed! And they were shipped from the Neil Pryde US importer which also previously gave me a hard time with a defective NP mast extender back in June. So, I don't want to sound overly critical but Kitty Hawk is quite loosey-goosey: no updates on delivery, no spontaneous communication, slow answers to questions and at times no answers at all. Clearly, whoever is running this business might be more often on the water than dealing with its customers. :lol:

Besides that, the booties are nicely built and would have been a nice addition. In the light of all this, the booties are going back to the store, and since it doesn't appear they have a size 10 in stock, my experiments with NP are coming to a close! Luckily, I have 3 months to give something else a try!

Best booties: what do you recommend? 6 years 3 months ago #30

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Sorry to hear that! You can add those to the list for consideration :
stores.wetsuit.com/high-top-round-toe-boots-black-t48/

Best booties: what do you recommend? 6 years 3 months ago #31

Serhan wrote:
I just received the XCEL Drylock Split toe 5mm. I put them on and they fit pretty snug and feel good. I think I have a keeper (finally)

Serhan, I think I'm going to give the Xcel Drylock 5mm a try. Are they true to your shoe size?

Ady, thx for the link. Do you know what's the neoprene thickness of the pro motion? ... couldn't find that info on the web page. Thx

Best booties: what do you recommend? 6 years 3 months ago #32

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Gregory wrote:
Ady, thx for the link. Do you know what's the neoprene thickness of the pro motion? ... couldn't find that info on the web page. Thx
4 mm . Btw if not enough you can use neoprene socks underneath /as long as the booties are round toe/ which not only extends the “range “ of the booties but also helps with putting them on and off. Im a big fan of layering.

Best booties: what do you recommend? 6 years 1 month ago #33

Still looking for a pair of 5mm boots. I ordered a pair of Rip Curl Flash Bomb Round Toe and had to return them:
Pros: nice construction and design, dual straps, easy to slide in/remove, true to size lengthwise
Cons: Super-wide around the toes - way too much room for my feet
I'm back shopping...

WBO5JF_BLACK_1-display.jpg

Best booties: what do you recommend? 6 years 1 month ago #34

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
I had the same problem with a pair of Hyperflex booties back in the day. Too wide and my feet were always cold despite the booties being 7 mm ! thick. If you can’t find what you are looking for, consider my double boot system:

6B12DB31-E887-4B97-A1DC-E17D10FA951F.jpeg

C75B7D27-A5CE-4C10-AA4D-39B432A623B3.jpeg

The top bootie needs to be a size bigger! For me : size 11 Atan+ size 12 NP. The combo fits perfect, keeps my feet warmer then a single boot and no slipping issues .
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds