Thursday, March 28, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: I broke my harnes line

I broke my harnes line 6 years 3 months ago #13

You win! Looking good man! Have you met the BLACK WORLD of POINT7? Goya or a Patrik and a brand new quiver of Point7 sails! That's what you need! :P

2018_Boards_bolt_rendering.jpg

I broke my harnes line 6 years 3 months ago #14

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Not a fan of all this blackness-top it off with the black wetsuit and people will start asking for your water limo rates.

I broke my harnes line 6 years 3 months ago #15

LOL

I broke my harnes line 6 years 3 months ago #16

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Is that the personal kit of Darth Vader, or the Black Pearl of captain Jack Sparrow? :lol:
Or the toys of those that can not be named ;)

I broke my harnes line 6 years 3 months ago #17

I vote for the new Special Forces transport.

On the other hand, I do like the 125l Goya Bolt for its program, performance, looks and price. At some point my trusted 124l AtomIQ might die! :whistle:
Even now, at $1,995 new in a full carbon construction, it's a pretty good price compared to the Starboard prices for the equivalent.

I broke my harnes line 6 years 3 months ago #18

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force

Don’t cross over to the dark side, the force is strong in the Green!

I broke my harnes line 6 years 3 months ago #19

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Tested today the Hot Sails Maui harness lines and I’m very happy with the quality and the 32” size is perfect for my big kit. The lines are stiff , almost as stiff as the Severne. So I found the sizes that I like -30” for the wave kit and 32” for the big freeride kit where I put the boom higher in general and my stance is more outboard.

I broke my harnes line 4 years 11 months ago #20

Revisiting an old post since I just acquire a set of Point-7 harness lines while traveling in Italy. Looks good and heavy-duty, installed without removing the boom tail piece, and has a sturdy aluminum clip for on-the fly adjustments. This one is adjustable 26-32. I usual set mine to 30-31. The only drawback is the weight with the sturdy construction and material choice.

9B47F8AF-E0D9-4018-849D-0CE86E6CD180.jpeg

I broke my harnes line 4 years 11 months ago #21

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Those look nice. I’ve settled on all 30” fixed for now. Went back to slightly wider spread on both booms the last couple of sessions, but otherwise the length haven’t been on my mind for a while, which probably means that I’m comfortable with 30” regardless 7.5 or 4.2. The 32” from my last post are gone-noticed an increased arm fatigue with them.
Boy, how preferences change over time! Not that long ago I still used in flight adjustable harness lines AND outhaul system. I may go back to that, who knows .

I broke my harnes line 4 years 11 months ago #22

I tried those new Point-7 lines this weekend and they are everything I was expecting: They are lines and they hook on my harness. :P

The part I like the most is the setup that doesn't require to remove the boom tail piece: Very convenient but that's usually a one-time benefit. The by-product of that construction though, is the fact that you can set how tight or loose you like them on the boom in far more nuances than classic lines. I like to set mine a bit on the loose side so I can easily slide them into optimal position on the fly while sailing since I use that same boom on 2 different sail sizes.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds