Friday, March 29, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: I broke my harnes line

I broke my harnes line 6 years 6 months ago #1

Is that possible? Did that happen to anyone? My harnes line broke without warnings today as I was happily sailing in SE 13-14-ish knots. All of a sudden, the sail was snatched off my hands, and splash. The lines were less than 18 months old.
This shows that either I'm using the harness to the fullest, or the lines are crap, or both. :S

IMG_1625.jpg

I broke my harnes line 6 years 6 months ago #2

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Dakine are low quality. The Dakine lines that I bought to replace my worn off Chinooks were cutting the gripp material of my boom, so I keep them in my bag now for emergencies only. ION have a very nice looking adjustable lines, but don't see them stocked in any US store /Oceanairsports Brian to the rescue?!/ Otherwise I'll take Chinooks over Dakines any day. Sailworks lines look cheap also :(

I broke my harnes line 6 years 6 months ago #3

Thanks for the info. My lines are still under warranty so I claimed. If I get new ones from them, I'll use them as spares. I'm going shopping online... and might call Brian. I recall he got me the Ion mast board nose protector sleeve a few months ago. It wasn't on his website but was available over the phone!

I broke my harnes line 6 years 5 months ago #4

My warranty claim completely fell into death ears at Dakine. Nice.
I bought some Chinook lines instead: Much better construction.

I broke my harnes line 6 years 4 months ago #5

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
DE15BEB9-26B0-40F0-AC7A-A2A532F02BE4.jpeg

Just ordered these on EBay 33$ with shipping, seller - u-windsurf / Josh in Salt Lake City/ . Fixed 30” for change this time, since it seems that I’m mostly using that length on my small boom. Nice looking, big promises from Severne. If I like them, I might order the adjustables also come Spring /sold out at the moment/.
Good thing the tubes are clear and I can see when the line inside degrades to a breaking point, like my current Chinooks, which are on their last legs /on both booms/ after several years of hard use.

I broke my harnes line 6 years 4 months ago #6

Nice-looking lines. The "ombre" effect is cool and trendy. This will help you keep up with the Kardashian! ;)

intense-pink-ombre-hair-color.jpg

When I was in SF in July, I sailed with rental equipment and I had North Sail harness Lines. The best part is that they don't need to have the tail of the boom removed to put them on. Not that you would remove them everyday but I like the attention to detail and ease of installation.

NorthSails_2018_Harness_Lines_Vario_SL_C021.jpg

I broke my harnes line 6 years 4 months ago #7

And these ones would look good with your 5.7 Sailwoks Revo!

NorthSails_2018_Harness_Lines_Vario_SL_C01.jpg

I broke my harnes line 6 years 4 months ago #8

Oh, I almost forgot: Dakine honored the warranty on my lines and issued a credit for me to use on their site. Now I don't know on what I'll be using it since I got better lines...
But at least, they made it right.

I broke my harnes line 6 years 4 months ago #9

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
2-rad.com/north-vario-race-lines/
Hm, it looks like 2Rad sell North lines for a good price! I don’t know how much they’ll charge me for shipping from Canada though. Definitely a better color match with my black and white, big Chinook boom-for high Kardashian fashion score.

8A4F90D5-F4FB-4C63-84E0-ACD642C82AB2.jpeg

I broke my harnes line 6 years 4 months ago #10

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Oops, I’ve made a mistake. I’ve measured my adjustable harness lines while attached on the boom and it was 15” boom to apex so I ordered 30” fixed. When I swapped them and measured while unattached and stretched the old ones turned out to be 32” . Ah well, I’ll have to make do with shorter lines then what I’m used to now :ohmy:

I broke my harnes line 6 years 4 months ago #11

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
I sailed with the new harness lines today and I liked them a lot. It was kind of weird at first, because Im not used to harness lines that don’t swing, but stay lifted like you are still hooked in when you are not. It didn’t take long to get used to it and it’s actually easier to hook in and the 30” lenght didn’t feel short. I’ll buy another pair for my big boom probably.

I broke my harnes line 6 years 3 months ago #12

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Who gets the highest Kardashian score now, hmm?!
I just got a pair of Hot Sails Maui 32” fixed lines delivered, black and white for my b&w Chinook. The only store I could find them stocked is Sunset Sailboards:
www.sunsetsailboards.com/collections/har...?variant=34224935684
The lines look awesome with a white leader protectors over the velcro and black line inside a clear tube. Besides the main line there is additional tiny Spectra line for getting you back to shore in case the main line breaks. Clever idea from HSM ! Also in the package a 6’ spare downhaul Spectra line which I’m using on both of my extensions and which I highly recommend. It’s expensive, but it last a very, very long time .
715FF9BE-9A6F-44E7-9F93-E4F98E869165.jpeg

A60D25EA-C81B-47DA-878F-898E28C65770.jpeg

CE9E5038-40CB-4EBD-801A-3F9677DEE73C.jpeg
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds