Friday, March 29, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Sail repair

Sail repair 6 years 7 months ago #1

• Manuel
  • Gale Force
Does anyone knows any other place beside North Sails Midwest for sail repair. Last time they did a pretty crappy job by just putting a big clear patch and sew around it and charged me $90 (the most I've ever paid) for the worst repair I've ever seen. Now, the same panel has few more rips and the best thing would be to replace it.
Thanks,
Manuel

Sail repair 6 years 7 months ago #2

Manuel,

I know of two places;
First: Barbra Bendula (aka. The Wind Angel) does very good work and is very reasonable.

Windsurfing Sail Repair
46303 Diamond Shoals Dr
Buxton, NC 27920
252-216-6312
www.facebook.com/WindAngelSailRepair/

Second is Sailworks in the gorge. I heard they do great work but, I have never used them .
www.sailworks.com/sail-repairs

Sail repair 6 years 7 months ago #3

• Manuel
  • Gale Force
Doug,
Thanks! I was hoping for something in Chicago or close enough.

Sail repair 6 years 7 months ago #4

Yes. Totally understand the distance and, ... the shipping costs....
Our solution to that obstacle is to find someone going to Hatteras and, ask them to take it to Barbra.
Then, if it's finished bring it back or, ask Barbra to hold it until our next trip.

Usual fee for a friend is a cold one..... or, two.....

If there is no luck with a local repair there may be other destinations that someone from Chicago is headed to????
Hope it works out.
Doug

Sail repair 6 years 7 months ago #5

I have some older sails that are broken and my solution is buying a sail that lasts or new sail on sale. I still have ezzy wave se from 2006. Sometimes you can find a great deal on eBay. Quite often you can see many neilpryde sails for cheap. Don't buy it. They won't last. Repair and shipping might be more than buying a new sail. Couple times a year I found a brand new Naish sail for around $300 straight from Naish. Not the latest year but who cares. Sailworks does a great job. Bruce Peterson is a really nice guy.

Sail repair 6 years 7 months ago #6

• Manuel
  • Gale Force
Stefan,
Actually, the sail I want to repair is a ezzy tiger 6.9 that I want to sell because I just got a brand new ezzy elite 6.8 from Windance for $400. I also got a brand new Naish from them 2 month ago for $300. I think I going to put the Tiger on ebay for cheap, and maybe someone from Hood River, Hatteras or any place where is easy and cheap to fix a sale will buy it. The sail is in pretty good shape except for that one panel. Regarding NP sails, I learned my lesson in a hard way. I bought 2 from ebay for a $160 each from a guy in Florida, probably the same people you're talking about, and neither one last me a season. Pure crab they bring from Maui rentals. As the saying goes; pay cheap, pay dear, I will never buy any NP ever again used or new. Their quality is just really bad. As soon as I had them I crossed my fingers because their construction looked pretty cheap. BTW, crossing the finger didn't work.

Sail repair 6 years 7 months ago #7

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Selling it "as is "on ebay or iwindsurf is probably the best option considering the circumstances. You won't get much for a repaired sail anyway.

Sail repair 6 years 7 months ago #8

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
How are you feeling btw? Have you been on the water yet after the injury?

Sail repair 6 years 7 months ago #9

• Bob M
  • Gale Force
Bob Thompson in TX does GREAT Sail repair at a good price. His cell: 361-857-7456 or email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or Facebook: www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008916723948

Sail repair 6 years 7 months ago #10

• Manuel
  • Gale Force
Hi Ady,
I'm doing much better. Last week I came back from Cabarete where I was able to jump waves. I was a little hesitant at first, but after jumping my first wave I was ok although I had some pain through the entire 2 weeks, especially with the harness rising to my chest every some often. I went back and forth using seat and waist harness to minimize the pain. The seat harness helped a lot, but it's not ideal for bump & jump and wave sailing and also sore my legs and feets after a while, I guess because it was my first time ever using one.

Sail repair 6 years 7 months ago #11

• Manuel
  • Gale Force
Thanks, Bob

Sail repair 6 years 7 months ago #12

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Manuel wrote:
Hi Ady,
I'm doing much better. Last week I came back from Cabarete where I was able to jump waves. I was a little hesitant at first, but after jumping my first wave I was ok although I had some pain through the entire 2 weeks, especially with the harness rising to my chest every some often. I went back and forth using seat and waist harness to minimize the pain. The seat harness helped a lot, but it's not ideal for bump & jump and wave sailing and also sore my legs and feets after a while, I guess because it was my first time ever using one.
Awesome, I'll see you soon then!!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds