Friday, March 29, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Happy Father's Day to me!

Happy Father's Day to me! 6 years 9 months ago #1

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Look what the mail lady just brought :)
IMG_2017.jpg

Happy Father's Day to me! 6 years 9 months ago #2

Boom! Like it never even happened.

How's that nose and wrist?

Happy Father's Day to me! 6 years 9 months ago #3

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Wrist is ok, I've had this kind of injury on most of my joints at some point since I've started windsurfing, but the nose is a different story. I realized way too late that I'm allergic to Neosporin. So I've made myself an inflammation , blamed it on the lake water, cleaned it with iodine , applied Neosporin again and got it again inflamed. Finally googled it and sure enough-me and many other people are allergic to this antibiotic crap! Another heavy application of my Grandmother's antiseptic-the iodine-and it has started to heal finally but the skin around it got burned a bit and started peeling so it looks a lot worse then it actually is :( Anyway I'm ready to sail again/maybe this weekend/ and to start experimenting with tri fin setups, now that I have several options. Quite confusing those fin combos! My Kode came with an epoxy center and g10 sides, Manuel's Firewave came with a g10 center and epoxy sides and the Fanatics are delivered with all epoxy trio, so go figure?!

Happy Father's Day to me! 6 years 1 week ago #4

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
It’s actually Happy St Patrick to me this year and the beneficiary is the Atom for a change. I want to race it up a bit with this MFC H1 G10 racing fin, which feels solid and without blemishes-like everything else I bought from them. I hope to be able to improve a bit the low end speed and upwind pointing and also to make the board less prone to hooking up the gybe /overgybe/ when laying the sail down. I was planing this purchase for a long time btw, but the time for it really came when I broke my last Liquid Pro the other day on Wolf . I hit one of the rocks that kids throw from shore when I was coming in at the end of my session. The stupid power base broke in two , I doubt this would have happened with a tuttle base. Anyway, it’s a fact that Wolf likes to chew on fins and I keep being careless :( Hopefully the new fin will make the loss a gain. Not sure if 40 cm will cover both the 7.5 and the 6.5, can’t wait to try it.
5937B34B-9803-4A5D-BF6A-25499C1F64E6.jpeg

Happy Father's Day to me! 6 years 1 week ago #5

Ady wrote:
I hit one of the rocks that kids throw from shore when I was coming in at the end of my session. The stupid power base broke in two , I doubt this would have happened with a tuttle base.

Anytime you break the fin and not the fin box that's a win.

Happy Father's Day to me! 6 years 1 week ago #6

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
I have to install a bunch of those invisible dog fences all around the Wolf lake shallows and start wearing an electronic dog collar, a custom one with a higher voltage :ohmy:

Happy Father's Day to me! 6 years 1 week ago #7

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Maybe I should buy a weed fin just for Wolf. Some years it gets quite weedy anyway.
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds