Saturday, April 20, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Suiting up for the occasion-ION products

Suiting up for the occasion 5 years 7 months ago #13

Looks nice! How’s the spreader bar attachment system on the Ion’s? Does it feature a quick release of some sort?

Suiting up for the occasion-ION products 5 years 7 months ago #14

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
No, you have to use both hands. I think quick release is more relevant to kiters. The riding up issue would be the top criteria for me if I have to rank them, followed by comfort and support.
I had the terrible catapult followed by twisting of the harness lines while I was still a newb back in 2012 and I almost drawned a mile from shore in Lake Michigan. I don’t know if a quick release would have helped me then, I was too disoriented and panicked, but I learned my lesson and the next few times when this happened I remained calm and did the right thing. I haven’t been in this situation for years now,maybe it’s a lack of experience thing.
I wouldn’t like to activate a quick release accidentally btw.

Suiting up for the occasion-ION products 5 years 4 months ago #15

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
The Boss ;) is pushing me for my Santa gift wish, so I had to decide between a helmet or a water jacket /something I have DIY but wanted a proper one for a while/. I chose the jacket for it’s more practical value, instead of the helmet that in my case will be just an expensive GoPro mount, my head is completely empty so nothing to protect here :blush:
I highly recommend you wearing a jacket over the wetsuit , on and off the water, it really keeps warm. I even have and Addidas :lol: windbreaker pants . An added bonus is that this years model is all black and it has been revised, meaning is better in some way I guess. Now I have to wait until Christmas.
BDF60407-3C2A-490D-AC76-7812014CA752.jpeg

www.realwatersports.com/products/ion-neo...er-core-jacket-black

Suiting up for the occasion-ION products 5 years 4 months ago #16

I like it! That's a good idea.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds