Friday, March 29, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: I need a 5.7, but which one?

I need a 5.7, but which one? 7 years 4 months ago #37

LOL. My head is spinning already.

Yes, the tall aspect ratio of the Northwave is an interesting observation. This might allow for a shorter boom and contribute to easier transitions. It all depends where the center of effort is as well: if the sail is tall but the COE is low, the extra length might not be a concern to keep things balanced... But what do I know?!
The fun part of Northwave is also the fact that they manufacture on-site at the Gorge and you can customize color and some material choices to some degree! ...for those who this kind of detail matters.

Just stumbled across new Ezzy Taka 3 images. The new color schemes are a lot more modern and attractive than before! Maybe I should wait to see what the new Tigger will look like! It might be up for a facelift/update since it hasn't been updated in 2016! At least this keeps me thinking about windsurf while the wind is nowhere to be found around here.
Video here: vimeo.com/180784120

image_2016-11-06-3.jpeg

image_2016-11-06-2.jpeg

I need a 5.7, but which one? 7 years 4 months ago #38

And here is the new Tigger 5-batten wave, renamed 2017 Ezzy ZETA! Found this on a French website.
Video here: vimeo.com/188346070?from=outro-embed

image_2016-11-06-4.jpeg

I need a 5.7, but which one? 7 years 4 months ago #39

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Is it only the print that bothers you in the Ezzys?!

I need a 5.7, but which one? 7 years 4 months ago #40

Back to Northwave, here s what's on its way: ZX-SE 5.7

image_2016-11-06-5.jpeg

I need a 5.7, but which one? 7 years 4 months ago #41

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Not exactly blown away aesthetically-especially compared to the Revo-but that's a personal preference.

IMG_1610.jpg

Northwave use Nolimitz -The Skinny and Sumo masts also right?
Revo has a longer boom lenght which probably would be a turn off to some. It may be that the ZX will have a better high and the Revo a better low end. Which somewhat explains the Northwave sails popularity in the Gorge whith the nuclear winds so common there in the Summer. Will it be a good match for our conditions ? Maybe it will if you sail exclusively on Lake Michigan where the wind is significantly more dense and consistent, but not on the small lakes-hypothetically.

I need a 5.7, but which one? 7 years 4 months ago #42

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
There is a strong patriotic point to be made in buying from Northwave, especially if you combine it with Open Ocean board.
www.openocean.com/windsurf.html
Sailworks sails are made in China :(

I need a 5.7, but which one? 7 years 4 months ago #43

I have to agree with you: aesthetically, the Revo is more striking. Although, a non-rigged bunched-up sail is never very flattering. The color might have to do with that as well. That one on the picture seems a bit more sexy maybe...

image_2016-11-06-6.jpeg

Openocean seems a nice shop with someone who has seen it all. And a lot more reasonably priced compared to the excessive Starboards and alike. Maybe worth a call in a few months.

I need a 5.7, but which one? 7 years 4 months ago #44

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Oh yes! Orange is THE color-the color of fiire! I love orange in anything sports related, especially sport cars. An orange Lambo attracts me like no other . And on top of that it pairs nicely with a bunch of other colors. My orange/white/black sails are my favorite

IMG_1710.png

IMG_1554.jpg

I need a 5.7, but which one? 7 years 4 months ago #45

Nice! Great color combo on your Retro, Ady. As shallow as it seems, orange is also why I like the Severne - this transparent orange-tinted x-ply is just so attractive against the reddish purple! If it was edible, I'd take a bite! :blink:

Yeah ...still agonizing over the damn sails... I know I should get the Revo... But I still don't.

image_2016-11-07-3.jpeg

I need a 5.7, but which one? 7 years 4 months ago #46

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
I actually like the blue ones more. That red and orange combination is quite overwhelming. Sailworks did the same one for 2016, but I like the red and yelow of 2015 way more. Blue and orange or red is great IMO. The colors in the picture are severely enhanced, far from reality.

PS: Wow the 2017 Blade Pro-technological marvel, but the price...
boardsportscalifornia.com/product/2017-severne-blade-pro/

I need a 5.7, but which one? 7 years 4 months ago #47

OK,
miami.craigslist.org/mdc/spo/5864001123.html

This Severn is a Gator, not a Blade. And, it's a 5.5 not a 5.7.
But, it has orange and blue and looks to be in great shape.
Also, for the price, maybe a new mast can be acquired too......

00Z0Z_4WBYIiDUcBp_1200x900.jpg

I need a 5.7, but which one? 7 years 4 months ago #48

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
IMG_1713.png

Hm, the red and orange Revo actually looks pretty good, better then the drawing. There are some used ones at Big Winds-including 5.7-but too pricey for B condition.
www.bigwinds.com/used-windsurf-sails?pi=5
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds