Friday, March 29, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: 2015 Fanatic Freewave CWS feedback

2015 Fanatic Freewave CWS feedback 7 years 10 months ago #1

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Do you guys have any feedback to share about this boards? What you've liked/ not liked?
image_2016-05-18.jpeg

2015 Fanatic Freewave CWS feedback 7 years 10 months ago #2

They're expensive....very, very expensive.

2015 Fanatic Freewave CWS feedback 7 years 10 months ago #3

Fanatic FreeWave 2015

2015 Fanatic Freewave CWS feedback 7 years 10 months ago #4

I have been riding them in Maui for second week now. Great board. I also own the TE version of it (3 fins). I really like them. Great for jumping. I have never used mine in single fin mode, even at Wolf, I still use it in the tri fin mode. I did buy Black Project fins for it, mostly because I hit something and damaged the center fin. For the TE version, the fins are carbon. Easy to damage, hard to fix. Are you thinking about buying one, possibly from Second Wind Maui?

2015 Fanatic Freewave CWS feedback 7 years 10 months ago #5

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Thanks Stefan! "Thinking "is the keyword here -without money all I do is thinking only :( But yes one day maybe -Second Wind or Worldwinds TX . I dont see any other rental boards for sale and the Fanatic Freewave seems to check most of the boxes for me . The boards at Worldwinds seem to be in better condition and pricier-if the board in the picture is the actual board youll get ! Are the boards that are for sale at 2nd Wind too beat up?
Have you tried any other FSWs from different brands recently? I wonder how the Fanatics compare with the latest Starboards and RRDs.

2015 Fanatic Freewave CWS feedback 7 years 10 months ago #6

Some boards at Second Wind look great, some have had some kind of damage repaired. I have tried JP FSW and didn't particularly like those. I think 96l is the best size for Chicago conditions.

2015 Fanatic Freewave CWS feedback 7 years 10 months ago #7

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
I am thinking about getting a new board, been sailing the same one for years. It's 93L which I feel is perfect for me. The Fanatic seems to be a good candidate but before investing that much money I want to give it a ride! (Dinner and a movie first of course) Is there anywhere relatively close to Illinois where you can try demo's? Or do I have to go somewhere exotic?

2015 Fanatic Freewave CWS feedback 7 years 10 months ago #8

Prolly Corpus Christi, rent from www.worldwinds.net/ pretty sure they rent/sell fanatic.

2015 Fanatic Freewave CWS feedback 7 years 10 months ago #9

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
I dont know of any place close to our neck of the /windsurfing/ woods where you can demo. South Padre and Hatteras are probably the closest ones , with Hatteras maybe the better choice for demo other then Fanatic boards.I think there may have been a Michigan dealer who used to travel and give demos on defferent lakes around the state, but I dont know if he still does.
Btw if you like more classic shapes-longer, narrower with more dome- you better hurry, because the last ones of the older model RRD FSW are sure to be gone soon and the next genereation is strictly new school. After that Tabou and Naish will be the only other choice .
www.isthmussailboards.com/Freestyle-Wave...Boards/products/336/
Ever thought about custom?
www.robertscomposites.com/waveboards.html
Now I know who makes those flying Gorge boards ;)

2015 Fanatic Freewave CWS feedback 7 years 10 months ago #10

Isthmus used to do demos on Lake Mendota in Wisconsin. I tried some RRD boards there years ago. I'd call them and ask. They also sell Fanatic boards.

2015 Fanatic Freewave CWS feedback 7 years 10 months ago #11

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Stefan Hamran wrote:
Isthmus used to do demos on Lake Mendota in Wisconsin. I tried some RRD boards there years ago. I'd call them and ask. They also sell Fanatic boards.
Awesome idea!!

2015 Fanatic Freewave CWS feedback 7 years 10 months ago #12

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
I see they have it on sale as well, I'll call and ask.
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds