Thursday, April 25, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Chinook Pro1 carbon boom failure alert !!!

Chinook Pro1 carbon boom failure alert !!! 8 years 4 months ago #1

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
While derigging couple of weeks ago my booms extension jammed. Upon closer inspection I realised that one of the colars nipples has fallen and the rest are about to follow. I've ordered a spare set /25$ +8$ shipping/ and even sailed once more . The collars arrived today and I had to do a little bit of hammering to remove the brocken collars and put the new ones in.
This probably shouldnt happen with a 700$ boom after just 2 sesons, but it is what it is. Check yours if you have the same boom and if you have any idea how to reinforce them /put screws or something/ please share.
image_2015-12-21.png

image_2015-12-21-2.png

image_2015-12-21.jpeg

Chinook Pro1 carbon boom failure alert !!! 8 years 4 months ago #2

I talked to Andy (Former St. Louis windsurfer) at Chinook and he said that Chinook has since beefed up the collars which solved this issue. If the collars do fail, they will replace them at no charge, no questions asked. I've ordered many pieces of equipment for local sailors and what few problems I've had, Chinook has been very good at addressing them.

Here's to some wind in 2016. Hope to see some of you at Carlyle next year.

Chris

Chinook Pro1 carbon boom failure alert !!! 8 years 4 months ago #3

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Thanks Chris! I shoud have gotten in touch with them first before forking out my 30$ probably. I will definitely if this happens again and I think they shoud have issued a formal recall about this issue. Anyway those are excellent booms otherwise and hopefully I wont have to deal again with issues any time soon. Thanks for the invitation too!
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds