Friday, March 29, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Chinook boom mast clamp

Chinook boom mast clamp 8 years 5 months ago #1

Anybody has idea where to get chinook boom clamp / head replacement? Do you have one simillar from old broken chinook boom?
The side ribs of the black mast cuff are cracking off on mine...

20151024_174745.jpg

Chinook boom mast clamp 8 years 5 months ago #2

• Otto
  • Strong Breeze
I've got an extra pryde one that might work. You're welcome to it. Windance(.com) sells the replacement heads.

Chinook boom mast clamp 8 years 5 months ago #3

The boom arms are different angles. The replacement head needs to match the angle of the boom arms or you won't be able to put the back end on. Chinook sells replacement heads. Your local dealer should be able to help you out.

Chinook boom mast clamp 8 years 5 months ago #4

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Hey Rich, those entry booms with bolt on heads have too much flex anyway. Get yourself a monocoque boom instead-you are good and you'll benefit from the increased stiffness .

Chinook boom mast clamp 8 years 5 months ago #5

Rich- is this a carbon boom? I ask, because if it is an old alum boom with a lot of use, you should consider replacing the whole thing as the boom will probably fail soon as well. I had a carbon fiberspar boom for 8 years, my only boom as it fit all my 4 sails; 2 seasons ago i noticed a crack where the head meets the boom, and I couldn't justify paying the high cost of todays carbon booms, so I bought a RRD monocoque alum boom from isthmus, about $200 (then), and I'm very happy with it. The carbon boom has been downgraded to skatesail status :)

I checked out windance site, they have a chinook front end for $58, but I don't think it's the same as yours.
Booms are pretty crucial piece of gea, and like masts, you really can't skimp on them. You don't want to be out 1/4 mile on the big lake and be worried your boom is not up to par.. You can't see stress cracks easily, so buying new or almost new is the best option imo.

What size boom do you need? Post the specs, lots of old gear lying around chicago! I can ask around for a local used one for you.

Jackie, who is our local dealer? :)

Chinook boom mast clamp 8 years 5 months ago #6

Thank you all for response! I did not see the same style of head online. I see the importance of the stiffness and safe mind while on the water. It is older alluminum boom. I used it for 6m to 9.5m sails. So it was wide range boom :-) It can retire now :-)
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds