Thursday, March 28, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Help with pricing, please

Help with pricing, please 8 years 6 months ago #1

• steve
  • Fresh Breeze
Hey all, need some advice in pricing a complete rig I am going to possibly sell.

Don't know how "collectible" it is, and if that matters.I have to believe that there aren't too many of these longboards out there, especially in great condition.

1986 Mistral Superlight, mast, boom [with upgraded clamp], 6.3 dacron progress sail, adjustable mast extension/foot. Board has the centerboard gasket cover

Condition: The board is in great condition, non-skid is still bone white and grippy. Garage kept year round. The only flaw is the rubber nose piece has disintegrated, but I have a lead on replacement from a shop in Maui. Also, one of the spring-loaded friction buttons on the side of the centerboard is fried. Neither of these affect performance.

It is a great light wind board, and I would not be surprised if there are persons who would like it for a SUP [great spring loaded retractable fin].

I noticed a guy wanting to buy a complete rig on Craigslist in my town, and I would part with this for the right price. It's not a burden to store, and one of my sons would be happy to own it, so pricing is the key.

Thanks for any/all advice.

Enjoy your Labor Day weekend.

Help with pricing, please 8 years 6 months ago #2

My guess on the Superlight is $150 to $250. A clamp-on, adjustable boom is worth about $20 to $40. Only $10 if not adjustable. A one piece mast has "0" value to most windsurfers or a $10-15 value to someone who lives on the shore, has a windsurfing trailer or wants to tie things to a vehicle roof. A 1986 dacron sail (unless it has a mylar backing) has a negative value for a beginner compared to the stability of the generations of sails since then. An experienced windsurfer who wants older, easier to rig sails (that describes one of my friends) might pay up to $30 for the sail.

You might find examples on the following websites:
www.iwindsurf.com/classifieds
www.windsurfingclassifieds.com/
www.windysurf.com/ (you need to look through a lot of pages, but it does a nationwide search on Craigslist for all windsurfing items.)

Help with pricing, please 8 years 6 months ago #3

• steve
  • Fresh Breeze
Thanks for your input Del, appreciate it.
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds