Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Evanston Swap Meet 2015

Evanston Swap Meet 2015 8 years 11 months ago #1

Evanston Swap Meet 2015

EWA Swap Meet
Sunday, May 17th
10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Dawes Park (just north of the Greenwood Beach entrance)

Photo I shot from last year
EvanstonSwapMeet2014016.jpg

"Well, this is it. The last bastion of pure capitalism left on earth... Think big, think positive. Never show any sign of weakness. Always go for the throat. Buy low, sell high. Fear? That's the other guy's problem. Nothing you have ever experienced will prepare you for the absolute carnage you are about to witness. Super Bowl, World Series - they don't know what pressure is..." - Dan Ackroyd, Trading Places(1983)

Evanston Swap Meet 2015 8 years 11 months ago #2

I made it to the swap meet and picked up a used Bic Nova 165l w/bag, a couple of fins, short dagger board that mounts from the bottom and a couple of more extensions that got thrown into the deal.

image_2015-05-19.jpg

image_2015-05-19-2.jpg

Evanston Swap Meet 2015 8 years 10 months ago #3

That's a good find. Like the GO that's another fast progression board. It can take a person from their first up-haul to their first planing in the straps. Wide and stable.

Evanston Swap Meet 2015 8 years 10 months ago #4

On the wish list I brought this board was my #1 choice of 3 if I ran across one. I was shocked to see it there. Story goes it was purchased for a wife to learn on but never materialized. It's like brand new but one small thing I need to fix. One of the brass inserts in one of the tail fins was lightly cross threaded about 1/2 way through on the threads. I think I can just run a tap through it starting on the good side of the threads to clean it up.

Evanston Swap Meet 2015 8 years 10 months ago #5

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Those brass inserts are replaceable. I can give you one if I meet you someday.
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds