Friday, March 29, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Evanston Swap meet

Evanston Swap meet 8 years 11 months ago #1

Howdy, I'm looking to buy a beginner board and rig but I don't like the new-from-dealer prices (who does?). I heard about the evanston swap meet from this forum, but they haven't posted any information about it for this year. Does anyone here know if they're planning to host again this year? And perhaps when?

Thanks!
Dan

Evanston Swap meet 8 years 11 months ago #2

• Chris
  • Gale Force
Hi Dan,
The Evanston Swap Meet is May 17 at 10 a.m. at Dawes Beach in Evansotn. Here's are some other relevant "Save the Dates" that I received from the EWA listerv:
EWA Party - Season Opener, Saturday night, May 9th... Venue TBD, Featuring - Alewife (our friends at SurfriderChicago.org) www.alewifemusic.com/
EWA Swap Meet - Sunday, May 17th - Dawes Park 10 AM - till ??

Full Moon Sail n' Que dates: (BBQ will require a volunteer to host)
June 2nd, (Party on Sat. June 6th?),
July 2nd, (Party on Sat. July 4th?) Blue Moon - July 31st - (Party on Sat. Aug. 1st?)
August 29th (is a Saturday!)
September 28th (Party on the Sat. Sept. 26th?)
If you're interested, I'm selling 2 smaller sails, which are great beginner-size sails: 1) The first is a 5.0 2006 Ezzy Sails Wave SE ($320) in very good condition -- no tears or rips. Just a little wear on one of the batten sleeves. (FYI, Ezzy sails are some of the most durable and long-lasting on the market. All my sails, with the exception of one, are Ezzys). 2) The second is a 4.5 Worldsails sail, in near perfect condition ($200). 3) I also have a 400 cm Neil Pryde 100% X9 carbon mast ($300) in very good condition, which fit both of these sails. 4) Last but not least, I also have: 5) a Chinook Pro-1 Alloy boom ($120) 167-203 cm (this would fit the 5.0 but not the 4.5), 6) Chinook extension for the 400 cm mast ($20).

If you're interested, just let me know.

Evanston Swap meet 8 years 11 months ago #3

The swap meet is going to be impossible for me to attend, but I do have a great beginner board for sale. This board would go great with one of Chris's sails ;)
(copied below from my post several months ago)
====================================
My kids have outgrown our GO board. It's 200 liters, full EVA deck with four straps and a long tuttle fin.
Also included are the two side fins and the shallow tuttle fin that goes with them.
Everything is in very good condition, no damage or issues.
Works great for beginners, and pretty fun with a big sail too :-)
$450 (won't ship but I could meet you partway)

Ezzy kid's sail (1.9m) with two piece aluminum mast, nice adjustable boom and euro-pin base.
$120

Drew (in NE Indiana)

Evanston Swap meet 8 years 11 months ago #4

MAY 17th is the day of the swapmeet this year in Evanston.

Evanston Swap meet 8 years 11 months ago #5

wow, I'm really feelin' the love. Thanks folks!

I 'm interested in both offers. Honestly, I saw the starboard ad a couple months back and didn't ask 'cause I thought it would have been snapped up. I guess most of the readership here isn't n00b.

Andrew, Chris: check your PM's in a few minutes.

Cheers!
Dan

Evanston Swap meet 8 years 11 months ago #6

• Chris
  • Gale Force
HI Drew,
Are you still selling the Ezzy kids rig? If so, I'm interested. Will send you a PM.

Chris
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds