Saturday, December 16, 2017

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Sheboygan Chronicles - 2017

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2017 3 weeks 17 hours ago #73

Gregory wrote:
How about this fin/sail size combo?
38cm / 6.5
34cm / 5.7
28cm / 5.0

I already have the 28 and the 34...

I like it.

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2017 2 weeks 6 days ago #74

• Gregory
  • Storm Force
Gregory wrote:
I was looking into this summer's raw GoPro footage that I hadn't seen yet and discovered a few moments of precarious situations. This was on August 8 I think. My smaller board had unrepared dings and I took a chance sailing the 159L Falcon Lightwind and the 7.5 Cheetah in 5 feet swell on a 16-18kn NE day

What to do during Thanksgiving weekend? Edit vids!
Here's one where the pics I posted earlier are coming from: A bit of higher wind action with the Lightwind Falcon.
There's a 3 min continuous segment of straight-line sailing (the conditions makes it interesting I think), so watch only when you are well awake! :lol:
...And next time I'll have to put RainX on the GoPro lense... damn water droplets!

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2017 2 weeks 3 days ago #75

• Gregory
  • Storm Force
Last sailing day of the year? Maybe. Last Friday Nov. 24, I sailed for an hour 300 yards from home and it got really cold very quickly out-there: took a few tumbles and ended up in the water more than I would have hoped with booties with holes, inadequate 3/4 wetsuite and no hood with water temp in the 45-50. I know what my Christmas list is going to look like!

Zoom!
GOPR1153.00_08_41_39.Still009.jpg

Oops, I didn't see that one coming.
GOPR1153.00_08_49_00.Still008.jpg

Woohoo, I'm flyin'!
GOPR1153.00_04_26_13.Still004.jpg

GOPR1153.00_04_01_58.Still010.jpg

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2017 2 weeks 3 days ago #76

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Jeez Greg, don’t play with your luck going in unprepared like that!
This is arguably the best wetsuit IMO:
www.mackiteboarding.com/2018-np-combat-bz-5-4-3-wetsuit/
It went by “Elite “ until 2016. Here and there you might find one at discount price, but the 2018 one sounds like the THING. Combine with NP high cut round toe booties, a hood that goes all the way to your shoulders/ like the ones from ION/ and mittens.

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2017 2 weeks 3 days ago #77

• Gregory
  • Storm Force
No harm, all is good. The old man is resilient!
And thanks for the tip Ady. I ordered the boots a couple of days ago. The bitter cold water rushing in on Friday definitely prompted the immediate purchase!
Now I'm looking for a 5/4 wetsuit and your suggestion comes at the right time. The only issue is that I tried many NP when I bought my 4/3 2 years ago and never was comfortable in them - it was a lot too tight around the shoulders which made moving my arms a bit of a struggle. A size up and it became too loose around the legs... (don't know how distorted my vision of myself is but I sometime feel like I'm looking like Gru in Despicable-Me; thin legs, thick upper body ...if you see what I mean :lol: ). The O'Neill 3/4 Psycho-1 was a better fit, not too tight, not too loose. Maybe their neoprene is more stretchy than NP?
Anyhow, I'm shopping for something similar to the NP you mentioned but with O'Neill. Any suggestion is welcome. Also, what brand hood are you wearing?

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2017 2 weeks 3 days ago #78

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Take a good look at these! Stretchy shoulders , windchill protection, ancle cinches, US company-what not to like?!
stores.wetsuit.com/windsport-wetsuits/
For top Kardashian fashion scores on the other hand you cant beat ION /best hoods also/
D8DE7809-5DDA-44F7-83D7-B6AC4CF027FF.jpeg

www.bigwinds.com/ion-17-wetsuit-strike-amp-semi-dry-5-4

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2017 2 weeks 3 days ago #79

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
stores.wetsuit.com/mens-1-5mm-hooded-vest-black-d41/
Excellent for layering! I use a similar hooded vest from ION underneath my 4/3 wetsuit together with ONeill Hammer neoprene shorts and Atan 3mm booties as socks for layering . A 4/3 smooth skin wetsuit with additional layer over or underneath is warmer then a 5/4 suit without layers and you can use it in higher temperatures without the layers!

95CF1A93-4055-4108-A0D9-0931E9326139.jpeg

Some ProMotion promotion ;) :

www.thekiteboarder.com/2012/11/2013-buyers-guide-promotion/

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2017 1 week 5 days ago #80

• Gregory
  • Storm Force
New vid here:

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2017 1 week 2 days ago #81

Gregory wrote:
...And next time I'll have to put RainX on the GoPro lense... damn water droplets!

I was worried the RainX might cloud the case. But videos of folks using it show it doesn't seem to. There's other hydrophobic products out there too.

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2017 1 week 2 days ago #82

• Gregory
  • Storm Force
Yes, I've been pretty happy with the rainX solution. Not fool-proof but better than without. I know that doing this on my car windshield makes a huge difference. The trick is to follow the instructions. Initially I didn't and just sprayed and did it my own way and was disappointed. In reality, following the application process is quite important to get the full benefit of the product.

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2017 1 week 2 days ago #83

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
www.gearaid.com/products/sea-drops
Have you tried this product? Been happy with every Mcnett product that I’ve used. Just discovered that they have a UV protectant for rubber and plastic and I was looking for one to protect the shoulders of my wetsuits-the rubber starts cracking after couple of seasons.

Sheboygan Chronicles - 2017 1 week 15 hours ago #84

• Gregory
  • Storm Force
Great find. Thx. Despite RainX being a pretty good option, SeaDrops looks certainly more adequate for the job.
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds