Thursday, March 28, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Mich City Nov. 9

Mich City Nov. 9 9 years 4 months ago #1

• Mike
  • High Wind
Anyone headed to MC today? Current direction is 190 deg. May go more SW.

Mich City Nov. 9 9 years 4 months ago #2

• Mike
  • High Wind
It's S at Wolf now with decent sail-able gusts. No one here yet. St. Joe seems like a good idea.

Mich City Nov. 9 9 years 4 months ago #3

Nice pic, Andrew. Looks different on a SW. :lol: Matt, did you set a speed record in that? That thing looks like a freestyle / speed ditch hot spot. Anybody make it out at Oval or Tisc? South Haven meter was rockin' Henry, Wendell?

South Haven 11/09/2014
SH_11_09_2014.png

Mich City Nov. 9 9 years 4 months ago #4

• matthieu
  • Fresh Breeze
31.9 kts was the top speed for the day. No my personal best but a good perf (for me) since I was on 100l slalom board with 36cm fin.
After 10ish sesh at Montrose, it works quite nicely by S, SW and a little bit less by W (more patch of wind on the water). Gusty but not more than anywhere else around Chitown. Flatter than 12th st so it makes a difference when wind is in the lower end of your gear.

Mich City Nov. 9 9 years 4 months ago #5

• Mike
  • High Wind
I visited Tiscornia on the above recommendation. It delivered for about 3-4 hours. My top speed didn't break 27kts, but I got some bigger air than ever (for me) off the waves, which filled in nicely by noon. I was on a 5.0 and had no trouble repeatedly jumping off the backsides of the waves. I guess it was a bit gusty, but it was fine overall for a beginner like me.

GPS Speedsurfing tells me it was my personal best avg. speed for the day -21kts.

Mich City Nov. 9 9 years 4 months ago #6

You scored a good one, Mike. Love Tiscornia. Tiscornia has a hard time showing love in the spring and summer with warm air that can't get down on cold water. That's when we head up to Oval.
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds