Friday, April 19, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Tue any good?

Tue any good? 6 years 5 months ago #1

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
What are the chances of sailing tomorrow?

Tue any good? 6 years 5 months ago #2

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
No? Corner looking good I think for 6.5 or so.

Tue any good? 6 years 5 months ago #3

NOAA: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 48. Northeast wind 10 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.

Clinton_11_07_2017.png

It looks like NE 7.5+ conditions.

Yes, you can launch off The Corner. It has to be coming right down the pipe. The Road launch area is another option. Just east of The Road launch you'll find another tree clearing and path. No rocks to deal with like at The Corner.

Purgatory Cove is another option. Swim across the cove and walk up the north bank. The main pool has a longer reach and can handle shifts better.

Peninsula is another option if you find Purgatory cove too hairy. Park at the round-about and walk your gear down the paved road.(It has a wire to keep cars going down it).

Tue any good? 6 years 5 months ago #4

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Looks like it’s going to be the Purgatory, its coming NNE.

Tue any good? 6 years 5 months ago #5

If I was going that's what I would try. You might also be able to get your 6.5 going.

Here's the last sesh we had with that NNE set-up there.
windsurfillinois.com/index.php/forum/cli...irma-tuesday-9-12-17

West Side water temp 52.

Tue any good? 6 years 5 months ago #6

Forgot, Marina also works if it's NNE, but you lose a lot of fetch, but flatter water. Water might be a little warmer there too.

Tue any good? 6 years 5 months ago #7

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Shifted E. The Road after all.

Tue any good? 6 years 5 months ago #8

First Tuesday of the month tornado siren test. Don't let that freak ya out, out there.

Tue any good? 6 years 5 months ago #9

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
87B8AB14-8980-4FFC-BC41-2BA30D79A500.jpeg

Oh my! I’ll be overpowered on the 6.5. I have my 5.7 but didn’t bring the Kode-stupid.

Tue any good? 6 years 5 months ago #10

You picked the right part of the state for today...

real_time_wind_11.jpg

real_time_wind_3.jpg

Tue any good? 6 years 5 months ago #11

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Well, 5.7 was a wishful thinking. When I got on the water, even the 6.5 was underpowered. Rigged the 7.5 after fooling around a bit and fortunately figured out soon that the good wind is actually in the pipe and when it spills out in the wide open area past the corner it weakens significantly. Sailed up to where it narrows in front of the Corner launch and had a blast for the rest of the session. The reaches are short here , but I like it because it keeps me on edge and forces me to jibe or tack more- better practice and workout. By 3:30 I got exhausted and came in for good. The water is still warm, around 70 F probably, it felt nice compared to the cold air. Clinton rarely disappoints :)

Tue any good? 6 years 5 months ago #12

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Keep the hot tub powered, winter is coming! Next week is supposed to warm up again though and who knows-Wed and Sat look promising for another great NW session at the Road.
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds