Friday, April 19, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Sunday 6/15/2014

Sunday 6/15/2014 9 years 10 months ago #1

NOAA - Clinton Lake: A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 85. Breezy, with a south southeast wind 11 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.

noaa_6_15_2014.png

mapperv51.jpg

30.forecast_2014-06-14.gif

I haven't decided on the Marina or West Side launch yet.

Sunday 6/15/2014 9 years 10 months ago #2

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
I'm heading to Clinton west side access or marina. Getting down there early to get the most of it before storms come.

Sunday 6/15/2014 9 years 10 months ago #3

A nice day. Sailed 5.8 then 4.7. Wind was gusty at times. No storms. Wind was rockin' around 1:00 and 2:00 like SailFlow forecast. It switched to SSW late afternoon and that does not work to well at West Side.

Bloomington
bloomington.png

Decatur
decatur.png

4 of today's 8 photos. Link for all of today's below.

WestSide_6_15_2014012.jpg

WestSide_6_15_2014014.jpg

WestSide_6_15_2014016.jpg

WestSide_6_15_2014017.jpg

* SEE MORE OF TODAY"S PHOTOS *

Sunday 6/15/2014 9 years 10 months ago #4

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Was at good time until the ankle got tweaked. Glad you caught the reck in a photo. From the photo you cannot tell that I am not falling in the water, I am still moving forward with the sail and board, the board lays down and i landed with both feet on the deck but the impact screwed my ankle. Feet came out of straps, dropped the sail but still was fun in the moment. Going to start rapping the ankle in duck tape for support. Thanks for the help Reid. IOU a stake and a few beers sometime my friend. Would like to know if anyone sailed over at the Marina or swim beach. Jen?

Sunday 6/15/2014 9 years 10 months ago #5

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
No, not a vulcan attempt, but it ended up that way. I was trying to lay the sail down and kick my feet up behind me so the board is inverted and then lay it down again. Don't know what you call that but ended up having both feet come out of the straps when the sail tip hit the water. I stayed with it and landed with both feet flat footed. For a second I was feeling all good about it but then realized my ankle didn't make it out of it so well. My ankle didn't twist sideways but somehow the impact itself messed it up.
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds