Thursday, March 28, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Friday 3/24/17

Friday 3/24/17 7 years 4 days ago #13

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
I'm going to go to the corner first because thy are calling for SSW wind. Have to see what its doing at the bridge pool.

Friday 3/24 7 years 4 days ago #14

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
OMW!

Friday 3/24 7 years 4 days ago #15

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
What does OMW mean?

Friday 3/24 7 years 4 days ago #16

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Google it :evil:

Friday 3/24 7 years 4 days ago #17

• Jen
  • Fresh Breeze
It looks like it is going to be a good day. Have fun!

Friday 3/24 7 years 4 days ago #18

Thx, Jen.

They put more SSW in it, turning that way this afternoon. I'm thinking F11- F13

Friday 3/24 7 years 3 days ago #19

Parked at F12. Totally lit, roasted and toasted on my 4.7. If I had it to do over I would have rigged my 4.2. I caught some nice jumps off the juicy ramps, between gusts. Even caught some long mini swell rides. I saw some folks way up wind ripping. I think I saw somebody get slammed up there. I got slammed myself. The water was refreshingly cool from the air temp which hit 78 °F. The water temp in the cove is 62 °F. In the main channel it's 59 °F.

Bloomington
blomington_03_24_2017.png

Champaign
champaign_03_24_2017.png

Decatur
decatur_03_24_2017.png

1 of the day's 5 photos.

See More Photos of F12 Here

F12_3_24_2017001.jpg

Friday 3/24 7 years 3 days ago #20

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Now guess who got slammed, multiple times, me of course. 4.6/94 and just nasty chop and very gusty upwind of Reid at the corner, together with Chris from 12:00 to 16:00. Cant say it was a whole lot of fun for me, but still great strong wind practice, which I was really lacking until this year. Getting there.

Friday 3/24 7 years 3 days ago #21

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
I started on my 5.2 and then rigged 4.7, was hailing balls while spilling wind! The screw on my front strap broke. I didn't have a new screw so I sailed without having one front strap. I just had to keep downward pressure with my front foot and head up wind not getting too much speed. Sailing port was fine! Then Ady saved the day by providing a screw. I got off the water at 2:00pm, Iron man Ady was still going at it. My energy was drained but I had to get back to town anyway. Nice workout, I will be in good shape for when I go to the gorge to visit Jen and Frank.

Friday 3/24 7 years 3 days ago #22

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Chris, believe me or not my first and my last hours of most sessions are my best ones. In between I always suck terribly for some reason that I haven't figured out yet, so I keep going until my great finale kicks in and then I have a good 1 hour when I like what I do. Comming in before that makes me feel dissatisfied, so usually a session of 3.5 to 4 hrs is enough for me to have both productive periods. Sure enough the same thing happened yesterday too .

Friday 3/24 7 years 3 days ago #23

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
My guess is that first you are all psyched up and running on adrenaline. Then Endorphins are released during long, continuous workouts of moderate to high intensity, corresponding to prolonged physical stress and you got windsurfer high, like runner's high. So man, maybe you should have a Rastafarian break after your adrenaline drops off to cover the middle of your session. :unsure: I'm not a physician, they can only prescribe that.

Friday 3/24 7 years 3 days ago #24

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Words of wisdom. Jah be with you brother :side:
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds